Dep Quito beat Barcelona with clear Ghost-Goal that was nowhere close to over the line!
- March 9, 2014
A pretty scandalous decision from Ecuador here, which saw Deportivo Quito beat Barcelona with a clear Ghost Goal, which was nowhere near over the line!
With the keeper breaking out to close down a Christian Lara cross, Lara crossed in, where the ball was cleared a good half yard from the line.
The Barcelona defender cleared the ball out to touch, but it hit his teammate and went out for a corner.
After much debate from both sets of players, Quito and Lara were credited with the goal, which coming in the 85th minute as it did, meant they won the game 2-1.
Watch the controversial ghost goal from Ecuador on the clip below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi