- Arsene Wenger confirms Gabriel Paulista signing is imminent, no work permit issue [Video]
- Arsenal Superfan Moh hails Tomas Rosicky after FA Cup win over Brighton [Video]
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on FA Cup favourites tag: ‘Manchester United might go through’ (!) [Video]
- Claude & Ty BFFs after Arsenal’s win over Brighton & Hove Albion! [Video]
- Spurs & Man United legend Teddy Sheringham scores lovely chip in Fernando Ricksen charity match
Demba Ba posts midnight gym session video on Instagram after Chelsea win over United
Now this should impress Jose Mourinho!
Despite the fact Demba Ba was not part of the matchday Chelsea squad for the 3-1 win over Manchester United on Sunday, the Senegal striker was quite an important figure for the Blues.
Samuel Eto’o pointed vociferously at Ba after scoring the Chelsea opener and the little used striker could be a key man for Mourinho in the coming weeks as Fernando Torres picked up an injury after coming on as a substitute.
Jose Mourinho said afterwards: “Now we lose Fernando for a few weeks with something in his lateral ligament [in his knee] and that is why we have Demba in the squad. We decided not to open the door to him [to leave] because he is a good player and we need him. The next few weeks is Demba and Samuel and I hope they do well for us.”
Mourinho added: “It’s time for Demba. It’s a pity because Nando (Torres) is in a good moment, but it’s time for Demba. Demba had a fantastic week; (it was) very difficult for me to leave him out of selection because he worked very, very well. Next matches is for Demba or Samuel. Let’s go.”
So, it appears that Demba Ba returned home from Stamford Bridge and went to his personal gym to be ready for the upcoming games.
This is commitment – not often you see social media posts from footballers with this kind of content. Kudos to Demba Ba.
- Updated: January 20, 2014