Demba Ba posts midnight gym session video on Instagram after Chelsea win over United
- January 20, 2014
Now this should impress Jose Mourinho!
Despite the fact Demba Ba was not part of the matchday Chelsea squad for the 3-1 win over Manchester United on Sunday, the Senegal striker was quite an important figure for the Blues.
Samuel Eto’o pointed vociferously at Ba after scoring the Chelsea opener and the little used striker could be a key man for Mourinho in the coming weeks as Fernando Torres picked up an injury after coming on as a substitute.
Jose Mourinho said afterwards: “Now we lose Fernando for a few weeks with something in his lateral ligament [in his knee] and that is why we have Demba in the squad. We decided not to open the door to him [to leave] because he is a good player and we need him. The next few weeks is Demba and Samuel and I hope they do well for us.”
Mourinho added: “It’s time for Demba. It’s a pity because Nando (Torres) is in a good moment, but it’s time for Demba. Demba had a fantastic week; (it was) very difficult for me to leave him out of selection because he worked very, very well. Next matches is for Demba or Samuel. Let’s go.”
So, it appears that Demba Ba returned home from Stamford Bridge and went to his personal gym to be ready for the upcoming games.
This is commitment – not often you see social media posts from footballers with this kind of content. Kudos to Demba Ba.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...