Del Bosque explains omission of Jesus Navas & inclusion of Fernando Torres in Spain squad [videos]
Spain announced their final 23-man squad to go to the World Cup on Saturday and Vicente Del Bosque was left to explain the whys and wherefores.
The video above sees Vicente Del Bosque explain why Manchester City winger Jesus Navas did not make the cut.
Essentially, due to an ankle injury that curtailed his involvement in the final weeks of the Premier League season.
Del Bosque was also forced to defend the inclusion of Fernando Torres after El Nino’s recent struggles, including a big miss last night against Bolivia.
As has been known for some time, Del Bosque likes having Torres in his squad and with the Chelsea striker’s history with La Furia Roja, you can understand why. Video below.
Watch Live Stream
- Ugly Scenes: West Ham and Chelsea fans clash at the Olympic Stadium (Videos)October 26, 2016
- Jose Mourinho apologises to Man United’s Stretford End for 4-0 defeat to Chelsea (Video)October 26, 2016
- “Extremely sorry” Jose Mourinho apologises to Man United fans in match-day programmeOctober 26, 2016
- Vicente del Bosque supports Jose Mourinho’s criticisms of Chelsea’s boss [Cadena SER]October 26, 2016
- Atletico’s Fernando Torres was livid with Diego Godin for denying him a hat-trick v SportingSeptember 19, 2016
- Nemanja Vidic names toughest opponents and explains why Fernando Torres weakness is a mythSeptember 17, 2016
- Fernando Torres claims Liverpool betrayed him during £50m transfer to ChelseaAugust 16, 2016
- Video of Man United-bound Eric Bailly being destroyed by Fernando Torres goes viralJune 5, 2016
- Jesus Navas picks 1 Man City team mate in his best 5-a-side team (Video)February 18, 2016
- Man City fans screamed at Jesus Navas for a terrible cross v West Ham (Fan Cam Video)September 19, 2015
- Man City’s Jesus Navas gives generic ‘We lost’ interview after derby defeat to United [Video]April 12, 2015
- Jesus Navas scored a solo screamer in Manchester City’s 7-0 win v Sheffiled Wednesday [Vine]September 25, 2014