Deal collapsed: Manchester City priced out of £46 million Porto pair Mangala & Fernando
- January 31, 2014
Manchester City’s plan to bring in Porto pair Eliaquim Mangala and Fernando has collapsed on the Portuguese club’s combined asking price.
As late as yesterday, City were believe to be confident of getting the pair for a combined fee of somewhere in the region of £35 million, but when it transpired today that Porto £34m for Mangala and £12m for Fernando – a combined fee of £46 million, City balked and the deal collapsed.
Rob Dawson of the Manchester Evening News believes that City may go back in for Fernando in the summer when his contract is up, but that their interest in Mangala has cooled due to the exorbitant asking price.
- Man City agree to sell Edin Dzeko to Roma for €23m [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
- Ex-Chelsea & Man City midfielder Frank Lampard makes his MLS debut (Videos)
- Stuttgart blitz Man City in 1st half; Pellegrini’s side recover to lose 4-2 (Offi...
- Respect: Manchester City fan gets United tattoo for charity
- Guardian 2015-16 Preview: Can Manchester City win their title back? (Video)
- Man City’s Raheem Sterling blocks Liverpool Echo journo James Pearce on Twitter
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi