Deal collapsed: Manchester City priced out of £46 million Porto pair Mangala & Fernando
- January 31, 2014
Manchester City’s plan to bring in Porto pair Eliaquim Mangala and Fernando has collapsed on the Portuguese club’s combined asking price.
As late as yesterday, City were believe to be confident of getting the pair for a combined fee of somewhere in the region of £35 million, but when it transpired today that Porto £34m for Mangala and £12m for Fernando – a combined fee of £46 million, City balked and the deal collapsed.
Rob Dawson of the Manchester Evening News believes that City may go back in for Fernando in the summer when his contract is up, but that their interest in Mangala has cooled due to the exorbitant asking price.
- Man City may spend almost £100m on Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling & Kevin De Br...
- Man City are on the verge of signing Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph in £8m transfer
- Yaya Toure talks about his five best Manchester City goals [Video]
- Man City players join with lucky fans to unveil new Nike home kit for the 2015/16 seaso...
- Man City offer Bayer Leverkusen €35m for winger Karim Bellarabi [Hamburger Morgenpost]
- Man United’s Rafael da Silva snapped wearing a shirt with a Man City looking badg...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi