Deal collapsed: Manchester City priced out of £46 million Porto pair Mangala & Fernando
- January 31, 2014
Manchester City’s plan to bring in Porto pair Eliaquim Mangala and Fernando has collapsed on the Portuguese club’s combined asking price.
As late as yesterday, City were believe to be confident of getting the pair for a combined fee of somewhere in the region of £35 million, but when it transpired today that Porto £34m for Mangala and £12m for Fernando – a combined fee of £46 million, City balked and the deal collapsed.
Rob Dawson of the Manchester Evening News believes that City may go back in for Fernando in the summer when his contract is up, but that their interest in Mangala has cooled due to the exorbitant asking price.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...