- The best goals of 2014: Valencia CF [Official video]
- Arsenal fans sing “Lukas Podolski we want you to stay” at Upton Park [Video]
- Luis Suarez interviewed about life at Barcelona & discusses Neymar and Leo Messi [Video]
- Manchester United’s Louis van Gaal still believes United can win title [Video]
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas has a history of leading the PL assists chart at the halfway stage [Graphic]
Deal collapsed: Manchester City priced out of £46 million Porto pair Mangala & Fernando
Manchester City’s plan to bring in Porto pair Eliaquim Mangala and Fernando has collapsed on the Portuguese club’s combined asking price.
As late as yesterday, City were believe to be confident of getting the pair for a combined fee of somewhere in the region of £35 million, but when it transpired today that Porto £34m for Mangala and £12m for Fernando – a combined fee of £46 million, City balked and the deal collapsed.
Rob Dawson of the Manchester Evening News believes that City may go back in for Fernando in the summer when his contract is up, but that their interest in Mangala has cooled due to the exorbitant asking price.
- Updated: January 31, 2014