- Man United had a whopping 71% possession at Chelsea [Graphic & Tweets]
- Reading 1 – Arsenal 2: Alexis Sanchez’s double fires Gunners into the FA Cup final [Official highlights]
- Gerard Pique’s girlfriend Shakira took newborn son Sasha to Barca’s win v Valencia [Pictures]
- One of the all-time great nutmegs: Cristiano Ronaldo v Malaga [videos]
- Man United’s Juan Mata embraced every Chelsea player after the defeat at Stamford Bridge [Picture]
Deal collapsed: Manchester City priced out of £46 million Porto pair Mangala & Fernando
- January 31, 2014
Manchester City’s plan to bring in Porto pair Eliaquim Mangala and Fernando has collapsed on the Portuguese club’s combined asking price.
As late as yesterday, City were believe to be confident of getting the pair for a combined fee of somewhere in the region of £35 million, but when it transpired today that Porto £34m for Mangala and £12m for Fernando – a combined fee of £46 million, City balked and the deal collapsed.
Rob Dawson of the Manchester Evening News believes that City may go back in for Fernando in the summer when his contract is up, but that their interest in Mangala has cooled due to the exorbitant asking price.