- Injured Arsenal star Mesut Ozil wishes Danny Welbeck Happy Birthday & a CL win [Screenshot]
- Don’t try & shoot! Dom Telford scores from 30 yards for Blackpool youth v Shrewsbury Town
- Kyle Walker takes part in spectacular Spurs rondo game; Harry Kane messes up [Video]
- Franck Ribery: Cristiano Ronaldo’s 2013 Ballon d’Or win ‘all politics’, now backs Neuer
- John Arne Riise didn’t play for APOEL, but he did bag Lionel Messi’s shirt!
De Telegraaf: Ryan Giggs & Louis van Gaal discussed which Man United youth players to promote
The meeting between Ryan Giggs and Louis van Gaal in Noordwijk on Wednesday quickly became common knowledge when the Welsh flyer was pictured outside a hotel.
On Thursday morning, reliable Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf confirms that LVG and Giggs discussed a number of key issues around the first team and which youth players will be promoted.
It was a flying visit for Giggs who met van Gaal before returning to Manchester for the Under-21 Premier League final against Chelsea at Old Trafford where he was spotted in the crowd sitting next to Paul Scholes.
De Telegraaf suggest that during the meeting van Gaal explained to Giggs how he works with the Welshman in turn putting forward the youth players that will be included in the Manchester United first team squad in 2014/2015.
Chief amongst those are thought to be Tom Lawrence and James Wilson, who received their first team debuts under Giggs in Manchester United’s 3-1 win over Hull.
Louis van Gaal wants Manchester United to invest a lot in their youth talent and has already informed Ed Woodward of this during their meetings, according to De Telegraaf.
Reports in Holland and England today suggest an announcement regarding Louis van Gaal taking over at Old Trafford is imminent.
- Updated: May 15, 2014