- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
- Neymar feels like he’s in the best form of his Barcelona career [Video]
- Better than Beckham-Scholes! Víctor Curto Ortiz wondervolley (AS Eupen) v Racing Mechelen [Video]
- Chelsea man Didier Drogba hails his “inspiration” Thierry Henry after winning FWA award [Video]
David Villa will train with Man City until February, at which point he’ll join New York City FC [El Pais]
According to the Spanish press it’s a done deal: David Villa is leaving Atletico Madrid to become the first marquee signing for new MLS franchise club New York City FC.
The story is being widely touted in Spain and further afield, while El Pais have added a little bit of extra information that will pique the interests of Man City fans.
The Citizens, who set up New York City FC alongside the New York Yankees, are set to house David Villa until February.
Interestingly, David Villa, 32, is not expected to become a Man City player during his time at the Etihad stadium, so any thoughts the World Cup and European Championship winner will be available for Manuel Pellegrini next season are off base.
David Villa is set to earn three million euros a season in the Big Apple, over the course of a three-year deal.
- Updated: May 30, 2014