David Villa will train with Man City until February, at which point he’ll join New York City FC [El Pais]
- May 30, 2014
According to the Spanish press it’s a done deal: David Villa is leaving Atletico Madrid to become the first marquee signing for new MLS franchise club New York City FC.
The story is being widely touted in Spain and further afield, while El Pais have added a little bit of extra information that will pique the interests of Man City fans.
The Citizens, who set up New York City FC alongside the New York Yankees, are set to house David Villa until February.
Interestingly, David Villa, 32, is not expected to become a Man City player during his time at the Etihad stadium, so any thoughts the World Cup and European Championship winner will be available for Manuel Pellegrini next season are off base.
David Villa is set to earn three million euros a season in the Big Apple, over the course of a three-year deal.
- Atletico Madrid’s Luciano Vietto scores perfect Panenka v Sagan Tosu (Video)
- Not Ideal: Stefan Savic scores unfortunate own goal on Atletico Madrid debut (Video)
- Olimpico: Atletico midfielder Koke scores directly from corner kick versus Sagan Tosu (...
- Still Got It: Diego Simeone pulls off neat rainbow flick in Atletico Madrid training (V...
- Fernando Torres scores for Atletico Madrid at Real Oviedo (video)
- Chelsea confirm permanent sale of Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid; Reported fee of £11.3m
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi