- Atletico Madrid’s equaliser at Bilbao, scored by Griezmann, was a quality team goal!
- Man United superfan Andy Tate stars in hilarious new BT Sport advert [Video]
- Had Arsenal not dropped 11 points from winning positions…
- The best goals from Spain in 2014 ft. Bale, Ronaldo, Messi, James Rodriguez & more [Video]
- Mad! Man United’s Angel Di Maria is 2nd in the La Liga assists chart for 2014 [Graphic]
David Villa will train with Man City until February, at which point he’ll join New York City FC [El Pais]
According to the Spanish press it’s a done deal: David Villa is leaving Atletico Madrid to become the first marquee signing for new MLS franchise club New York City FC.
The story is being widely touted in Spain and further afield, while El Pais have added a little bit of extra information that will pique the interests of Man City fans.
The Citizens, who set up New York City FC alongside the New York Yankees, are set to house David Villa until February.
Interestingly, David Villa, 32, is not expected to become a Man City player during his time at the Etihad stadium, so any thoughts the World Cup and European Championship winner will be available for Manuel Pellegrini next season are off base.
David Villa is set to earn three million euros a season in the Big Apple, over the course of a three-year deal.
- Updated: May 30, 2014