David Villa will train with Man City until February, at which point he’ll join New York City FC [El Pais]
According to the Spanish press it’s a done deal: David Villa is leaving Atletico Madrid to become the first marquee signing for new MLS franchise club New York City FC.
The story is being widely touted in Spain and further afield, while El Pais have added a little bit of extra information that will pique the interests of Man City fans.
The Citizens, who set up New York City FC alongside the New York Yankees, are set to house David Villa until February.
Interestingly, David Villa, 32, is not expected to become a Man City player during his time at the Etihad stadium, so any thoughts the World Cup and European Championship winner will be available for Manuel Pellegrini next season are off base.
David Villa is set to earn three million euros a season in the Big Apple, over the course of a three-year deal.
- Andrea Pirlo & David Villa go for a night ride in a convertible with three girls in a packed...
- NYCFC’s Andrea Pirlo almost scored olimpico, Chelsea hero Frank Lampard chalked up an assis...
- Stop It Pirlo: Maestro produces sublime assist for David Villa in NYC’s win v DC United (Vi...
- Andrea Pirlo bags 1st MLS assist, setting up David Villa to score for NYC v DC (videos)
- Yaya Toure feels Man City lacked a cutting edge after 1-0 defeat to Juventus (video)
- Yaya Toure & Pablo Dybala criticised for swapping shirts at half-time (Video)
- Paul Pogba pulled off a great skill pass during Juventus v Man City (Official video)
- Juventus U19 2 – Man City U19 1: Sky Blues punished for slack defending (Videos)