David Villa will train with Man City until February, at which point he’ll join New York City FC [El Pais]
According to the Spanish press it’s a done deal: David Villa is leaving Atletico Madrid to become the first marquee signing for new MLS franchise club New York City FC.
The story is being widely touted in Spain and further afield, while El Pais have added a little bit of extra information that will pique the interests of Man City fans.
The Citizens, who set up New York City FC alongside the New York Yankees, are set to house David Villa until February.
Interestingly, David Villa, 32, is not expected to become a Man City player during his time at the Etihad stadium, so any thoughts the World Cup and European Championship winner will be available for Manuel Pellegrini next season are off base.
David Villa is set to earn three million euros a season in the Big Apple, over the course of a three-year deal.
Watch Live Stream
- Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid: Champions League final preview, live streaming & predicted li...May 26th, 2016
- Atletico Madrid ready to be crowned ‘Kings Of Europe’May 26th, 2016
- Awful news: Cristiano Ronaldo limped out of Real Madrid training today (Video & Tweets)May 24th, 2016
- ‘I felt lost’ : Atletico Madrid’s Fernando Torres reflects on his dark days at ...May 23rd, 2016
- Legends combine: Andrea Pirlo assists for David Villa’s acrobatic finish for New York City ...April 30th, 2016
- UEFA commemorate every Euro hat-trick their has been (Video)April 1st, 2016
- Mohamad Al-Bacha is the best FIFA 16 player on the planet (Video of the FIWC16 final)March 23rd, 2016
- New York City FC pair David Villa and Ronald Matarrita score behind-the-goal trick shots (Video)March 15th, 2016
- Man City keeper Joe Hart makes unbelievable stop in England training (Video)May 27th, 2016
- Man United & Man City to fight it out for £45m rated John Stones [M.E.N]May 25th, 2016
- Martin Demichelis picks more Man United than Man City players in dream 5-a-side team (Video)May 25th, 2016
- N’Golo Kante rejects new Leicester deal, Arsenal remain favourites [La Parisien]May 25th, 2016