David Villa will train with Man City until February, at which point he’ll join New York City FC [El Pais]
- May 30, 2014
According to the Spanish press it’s a done deal: David Villa is leaving Atletico Madrid to become the first marquee signing for new MLS franchise club New York City FC.
The story is being widely touted in Spain and further afield, while El Pais have added a little bit of extra information that will pique the interests of Man City fans.
The Citizens, who set up New York City FC alongside the New York Yankees, are set to house David Villa until February.
Interestingly, David Villa, 32, is not expected to become a Man City player during his time at the Etihad stadium, so any thoughts the World Cup and European Championship winner will be available for Manuel Pellegrini next season are off base.
David Villa is set to earn three million euros a season in the Big Apple, over the course of a three-year deal.
- Atletico Madrid legend Miranda reflects on his time at the club before Inter move [Video]
- Chelsea target Arda Turan expects to sign for Barcelona on Friday [Mundo Deportivo]
- Spurs target Yevhen Konoplyanka in negotiations with Atletico Madrid [Mundo Deportivo]
- Daniel Levy to fly to Madrid as Spurs close in on Atletico defender Toby Alderweireld [...
- Arda Turan’s agent denies that the midfielder had a medical at Man United
- Spurs are confident of signing Toby Alderweireld ahead of Southampton [London Evening S...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi