David Villa to choose Arsenal or Spurs depending on Champions League outcome [Marca]
- May 18, 2013
It won’t only be fans of Arsenal and Tottenham keeping a frantic eye on events at White Hart Lane and St James’ Park on Sunday afternoon.
Marca report today that David Villa will choose to join either Arsenal or Spurs, depending on who who secures the fourth and final Champions League spot in the Premier League tomorrow.
David Villa is all but certain to leave Barcelona this summer and has made it clear he is eager to play in London for a Premier League team.
The Spanish hitman came close to joining Arsenal in the January transfer window but Barcelona refused to let the former Valencia forward leave the Nou Camp.
Villa, according to Marca, will only join a Champions League team next season with the World Cup in Brazil just 12 months away.
Fellow Spaniards such as Mikel Arteta, Santi Cazorla and Nacho Monreal could help convince Villa sign for Arsenal. Whilst AVB reportedly met with Villa earlier this year to convince him to come to White Hart Lane.
But, much will depend on whether Spurs (who face Sunderland at home) or Arsenal (at Newcastle on the final day) can secure the final Champions League spot.
Arsenal currently have a 1 point lead and better goal difference in fourth, on 70 points, with Tottenham on 69.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...