David Villa to choose Arsenal or Spurs depending on Champions League outcome [Marca]
- May 18, 2013
It won’t only be fans of Arsenal and Tottenham keeping a frantic eye on events at White Hart Lane and St James’ Park on Sunday afternoon.
Marca report today that David Villa will choose to join either Arsenal or Spurs, depending on who who secures the fourth and final Champions League spot in the Premier League tomorrow.
David Villa is all but certain to leave Barcelona this summer and has made it clear he is eager to play in London for a Premier League team.
The Spanish hitman came close to joining Arsenal in the January transfer window but Barcelona refused to let the former Valencia forward leave the Nou Camp.
Villa, according to Marca, will only join a Champions League team next season with the World Cup in Brazil just 12 months away.
Fellow Spaniards such as Mikel Arteta, Santi Cazorla and Nacho Monreal could help convince Villa sign for Arsenal. Whilst AVB reportedly met with Villa earlier this year to convince him to come to White Hart Lane.
But, much will depend on whether Spurs (who face Sunderland at home) or Arsenal (at Newcastle on the final day) can secure the final Champions League spot.
Arsenal currently have a 1 point lead and better goal difference in fourth, on 70 points, with Tottenham on 69.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi