- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
David Moyes wrote a letter to Man United fans attending Liverpool match [Picture]
Manchester United’s visit to Liverpool is always a delicate fixture for both sets of fans and David Moyes took the step of writing the away support a letter which they were handed on arrival at Anfield on Sunday afternoon.
Moyes began by thanking the Manchester United die hards for their support at Swansea and for his reception on Monday night against Chelsea.
Then Sir Alex Ferguson’s successor moved on to the importance of the clash with Liverpool and how the fans could play their part.
First, in relation to Liverpool’s Bill Shankly tribute and then with regards to their behaviour as in recent seasons United’s allocation was cut before being restored again due to standing and fans in the gang ways.
A nice touch even though it made little difference to the eventual Manchester United defeat.
Picture below via @KevinAshford7.
- Updated: September 1, 2013