- Arsenal fans outside Wembley sing homophobic song about ex-Chelsea man Ashley Cole [Video]
- Spurs loanee Alex Pritchard scored yet another fine goal for Brentford [Official Video]
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- Man United loanee Reece James (Huddersfield) nets 1st professional goal directly from a corner [Official Video]
- Reading 1 – Arsenal 2: Alexis hits two as the Gunners win in extra time [Official highlights]
David Moyes was not happy with Michael Carrick’s back pass late on in Man United draw at Arsenal [GIF]
- February 13, 2014
Manchester United boss David Moyes may have his doubters but it was pretty clear he wanted his side to win last night and was not just playing for the draw.
An Opta stat was doing the rounds in the aftermath of Manchester United’s draw at Arsenal last night which is none to complimentary of Moyes’ record against the very best teams:
David Moyes has now won none of 49 PL away games at the ‘Big Four’ (Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool & Man Utd) (W0 D19 L30).
Nevertheless, United could well have won at the Emirates last night, but for a wonder save from Wojciech Szczęsny, to keep out a header from Robin van Persie.
And, it was pretty clear, from the GIF above, that Moyes wanted his side to attack until the final second of the Premier League encounter and reacted with frustration when Michael Carrick turned the ball backwards on 92 minutes.
Manchester United are undoubtedly paying the cost for not investing in world class central midfielders in the past two transfer windows.