David Moyes was not happy with Michael Carrick’s back pass late on in Man United draw at Arsenal [GIF]
- February 13, 2014
Manchester United boss David Moyes may have his doubters but it was pretty clear he wanted his side to win last night and was not just playing for the draw.
An Opta stat was doing the rounds in the aftermath of Manchester United’s draw at Arsenal last night which is none to complimentary of Moyes’ record against the very best teams:
David Moyes has now won none of 49 PL away games at the ‘Big Four’ (Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool & Man Utd) (W0 D19 L30).
Nevertheless, United could well have won at the Emirates last night, but for a wonder save from Wojciech Szczęsny, to keep out a header from Robin van Persie.
And, it was pretty clear, from the GIF above, that Moyes wanted his side to attack until the final second of the Premier League encounter and reacted with frustration when Michael Carrick turned the ball backwards on 92 minutes.
Manchester United are undoubtedly paying the cost for not investing in world class central midfielders in the past two transfer windows.
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Man United’s away record under Louis van Gaal is much worse than under David Moye...
- Watch how David Moyes & Unai Emery reacted to Real Sociedad 4 – Sevilla 3 [v...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi