David Moyes & Sir Alex Ferguson’s touchline bust up (2005)
- May 8, 2013
Odds have been slashed on David Moyes this afternoon to become the new Manchester United boss.
After 26 years at the helm, Sir Alex Ferguson’s departure reverberates around the football world today but United are expected to move quickly to find his successor.
Originally, when Ferguson announced his retirement, David Moyes and Jose Mourinho were considered the front runners.
In the last hour or so, Jose Mourinho has been ruled out by those close to Manchester United and with David Moyes out of contract at the end of the season, another Scot in charge at Old Trafford seems extremely likely.
With Sir Alex Ferguson and Sir Bobby Charlton involved in the decision making process with David Gill, it also seems likely Moyes will get the nod from the powers that be at Old Trafford.
(As an aside, if David Moyes does take over, this would leave Wayne Rooney in a very awkward position indeed…)
Ferguson spoke highly of David Moyes in February, before Manchester United’s 2-0 win over Everton (see second video below).
But, it wasn’t always this way, in April 2005 when Everton beat Manchester United 1-0 thanks to a Duncan Ferguson goal and Paul Scholes was sent off, Moyes and Ferguson had a touchline bust up…
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...