David Moyes says Man United “need five or six world-class players” to win the Champions League
- September 29, 2013
As Manchester United’s odds on winning the Premier League are lengthened, following a surprise 2-1 home defeat to West Brom, quotes from David Moyes appearing in the Sunday papers are unlikely to placate angry fans of the Premier League champions.
After the Old Trafford loss to the Baggies, Moyes is quoted as saying he feels Manchester United are a long way from challenging the likes of Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid in the Champions League.
Which begs the question: Why did Manchester United not sign any world class players in the summer?
Moyes is widely quoted saying: “To win the Champions League, you need five or six world-class players. Look at Bayern Munich, they have it. Look at Barcelona, who had it in the past and Real Madrid, who have maybe got it now. That’s the level you have to be at to win it. We’ve not got that yet but what we have got is experience.”
Alex Ferguson’s successor added: “The job when I took over was always going to be that we’d have to make changes and improve as we go along.”
David Moyes’ post-match interview after the West Brom defeat is on the video below.
- Ex Man United boss David Moyes believes Pedro will need time to become a star at Chelse...
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...