David Moyes says Man United “need five or six world-class players” to win the Champions League
- September 29, 2013
As Manchester United’s odds on winning the Premier League are lengthened, following a surprise 2-1 home defeat to West Brom, quotes from David Moyes appearing in the Sunday papers are unlikely to placate angry fans of the Premier League champions.
After the Old Trafford loss to the Baggies, Moyes is quoted as saying he feels Manchester United are a long way from challenging the likes of Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid in the Champions League.
Which begs the question: Why did Manchester United not sign any world class players in the summer?
Moyes is widely quoted saying: “To win the Champions League, you need five or six world-class players. Look at Bayern Munich, they have it. Look at Barcelona, who had it in the past and Real Madrid, who have maybe got it now. That’s the level you have to be at to win it. We’ve not got that yet but what we have got is experience.”
Alex Ferguson’s successor added: “The job when I took over was always going to be that we’d have to make changes and improve as we go along.”
David Moyes’ post-match interview after the West Brom defeat is on the video below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...