David Moyes says Man United “need five or six world-class players” to win the Champions League
As Manchester United’s odds on winning the Premier League are lengthened, following a surprise 2-1 home defeat to West Brom, quotes from David Moyes appearing in the Sunday papers are unlikely to placate angry fans of the Premier League champions.
After the Old Trafford loss to the Baggies, Moyes is quoted as saying he feels Manchester United are a long way from challenging the likes of Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid in the Champions League.
Which begs the question: Why did Manchester United not sign any world class players in the summer?
Moyes is widely quoted saying: “To win the Champions League, you need five or six world-class players. Look at Bayern Munich, they have it. Look at Barcelona, who had it in the past and Real Madrid, who have maybe got it now. That’s the level you have to be at to win it. We’ve not got that yet but what we have got is experience.”
Alex Ferguson’s successor added: “The job when I took over was always going to be that we’d have to make changes and improve as we go along.”
David Moyes’ post-match interview after the West Brom defeat is on the video below.
Watch Live Stream
- Sunderland boss David Moyes plans to park the ‘double decker bus at Liverpool (Video)November 26, 2016
- Sunderland boss David Moyes mocked after sharing his tactics pre Liverpool gameNovember 25, 2016
- David Moyes thinks Mourinho’s struggles put his Man United reign in contextNovember 5, 2016
- Things go from bad to worse for Sunderland and David MoyesNovember 1, 2016
- Man United are written off on Match of the Day (Video)December 5, 2016
- Gary Neville defends Man United & a dodgy defender but Marouane Fellaini gets hung out to dryDecember 5, 2016
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho declares his innocence over tax evasion scandalDecember 5, 2016
- Manchester United fans want Fellaini out of the club after Everton cameo (Video)December 4, 2016