David Moyes predictably panned as Manchester United lose 2-0 at Everton [Tweets]
Can't you lot do ANYTHING right? > @ManUtd
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) April 20, 2014
It was a disappointing return for David Moyes to Goodison Park, as his Man United side were beaten 2-0 by his old side Everton.
The defeat completes a miserable double for United, having lost the reverse home fixture back in December, Everton completing the double over United for the first time in 44 years.
United dominated possession in the first half, and for the opening periods of the second, but it was sterile, with Moyes’ Men only managing one shot in the first half.
Once the game became stretched as United searched for a comeback, Everton really took control, and United looked ragged at the back as Everton countered relentlessly, and really should have made it 3-0.
As ever, Moyes has taken the brunt of the criticism, as United fans lamented the lack of identity, style, or bite in the final third on Twitter.
Everton fans singing "you're getting sacked in the morning." #makeusdream
— Scott (@R_o_M) April 20, 2014
84. “The School of Science is on its way back,” sing the Everton fans. #EFCMUFC
— Everton (@Everton) April 20, 2014
Moyes' Everton teams used to fight. United looked like they were losing that from the first minute to the last.
— Matthew Stanger (@MatthewStanger) April 20, 2014
Liverpool, Manchester City and Everton have now all done the double over Manchester United this season. Incredible.
— Ben Smith (@BenSmithBBC) April 20, 2014
I don't think we even tried today. Almost like they they didn't hope either.
— BeautifullyRed (@BeautifullyRed) April 20, 2014
At least Rooney signed a new contract.
— Jacob Steinberg (@JacobSteinberg) April 20, 2014
Moyes and #mufc have reached that point where every win feels like an irrelevance and every defeats feels seismic. That's not a good thing.
— Oliver Kay (@OliverKayTimes) April 20, 2014
Its a bit like watching a chav running around kicking a dying pigeon like a football around a car park for a laugh. Thats United that is.
— Dan Shepherd (@liverpooldeep) April 20, 2014
Seventh placed team, who have won only one match against team above, losing away at fifth placed team is not a shock really is it?
— Simon Stone (@sistoney67) April 20, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Sunderland boss David Moyes plans to park the ‘double decker bus at Liverpool (Video)November 26, 2016
- Sunderland boss David Moyes mocked after sharing his tactics pre Liverpool gameNovember 25, 2016
- David Moyes thinks Mourinho’s struggles put his Man United reign in contextNovember 5, 2016
- Things go from bad to worse for Sunderland and David MoyesNovember 1, 2016
- Man United’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan offers blunt assessment of the Ukrainian League (Video)December 8, 2016
- Manchester United’s Phil Jones shows Zlatan how frozen the Zorya Luhansk pitch is (Video)December 8, 2016
- Manchester United’s EL game at Zorya Luhansk under threat over icy conditionsDecember 7, 2016
- Mourinho-loving granny gets giant tattoo of the Special OneDecember 7, 2016