David Moyes claims Man United won’t be doing any business in January; Doesn’t think he bid for De Rossi [Mirror]
Manchester United currently lie 7th in the Premier League table, 11 points off top and 5 points off 4th.
With a squad clearly incapable of challenging for the league, fans and pundits alike were expecting at least one or two significant signings in January.
However, when asked if he’ll be making any January signings David Moyes has been quoted in tomorrow’s Mirror on Sunday saying “I don’t think so. I think most of the business will be more towards the summer rather than January.”
Although it may be difficult to bring in top signings in January, it will be even more difficult to attract top players if there is no Champions League on offer this summer.
Perhaps the Manchester United manager has learnt his lesson from the public failure of his bids for Barcelona’s Cesc Fabregas.
On Roma’s Daniele De Rossi, Moyes was quoted as saying “We did certainly think about bringing him in the summer time. I don’t think it went as far as a bid.”
You don’t think you bid for him? Dear oh dear, David!
Watch Live Stream
- David Moyes confirms Adnan Januzaj’s Sunderland loan, promises plenty of game time (Video)August 12, 2016
- Sunderland boss David Moyes confirms Adnan Januzaj deal & talks Everton target Lamine KoneAugust 12, 2016
- David Moyes: I wanted to bring Toni Kroos to Man United [Times]June 26, 2016
- Mourinho took less than a minute of being Manchester United boss to troll Van Gaal (Video)May 27, 2016
- Sun stitch up Anthony Martial claiming his personal life is negatively affecting his Man United formAugust 25, 2016
- Man United’s move for Real Madrid’s Raphael Varane [Cope]August 25, 2016
- Man Utd players warned Schweinsteiger to work on fitness and stop watching wife playing tennisAugust 24, 2016
- Golazo: Man United loanee Adnan Januzaj scores sublime winner for Sunderland (Video)August 24, 2016