- Lovely! Carlos Tevez rolls Koulibaly with beautiful dummy to score second for Juve v Napoli [Videos]
- Fergie on Jose Mourinho: ‘It’s not fair, he’s too good looking! Like George Clooney now!’ [Video]
- Shocking! Dad and kids kicked out of Villa Park for celebrating Falcao’s goal in Family Stand
- Cesc Fabregas: ‘This season Barça are Messi + 10 others; he’s saving them in many games’ [Radio Marca]
- Stoke v Chelsea [Team Sheets]
David Moyes claims Man United won’t be doing any business in January; Doesn’t think he bid for De Rossi [Mirror]
Manchester United currently lie 7th in the Premier League table, 11 points off top and 5 points off 4th.
With a squad clearly incapable of challenging for the league, fans and pundits alike were expecting at least one or two significant signings in January.
However, when asked if he’ll be making any January signings David Moyes has been quoted in tomorrow’s Mirror on Sunday saying “I don’t think so. I think most of the business will be more towards the summer rather than January.”
Although it may be difficult to bring in top signings in January, it will be even more difficult to attract top players if there is no Champions League on offer this summer.
Perhaps the Manchester United manager has learnt his lesson from the public failure of his bids for Barcelona’s Cesc Fabregas.
On Roma’s Daniele De Rossi, Moyes was quoted as saying “We did certainly think about bringing him in the summer time. I don’t think it went as far as a bid.”
You don’t think you bid for him? Dear oh dear, David!
- Updated: January 4, 2014