David Moyes claims Man United won’t be doing any business in January; Doesn’t think he bid for De Rossi [Mirror]
- January 4, 2014
Manchester United currently lie 7th in the Premier League table, 11 points off top and 5 points off 4th.
With a squad clearly incapable of challenging for the league, fans and pundits alike were expecting at least one or two significant signings in January.
However, when asked if he’ll be making any January signings David Moyes has been quoted in tomorrow’s Mirror on Sunday saying “I don’t think so. I think most of the business will be more towards the summer rather than January.”
Although it may be difficult to bring in top signings in January, it will be even more difficult to attract top players if there is no Champions League on offer this summer.
Perhaps the Manchester United manager has learnt his lesson from the public failure of his bids for Barcelona’s Cesc Fabregas.
On Roma’s Daniele De Rossi, Moyes was quoted as saying “We did certainly think about bringing him in the summer time. I don’t think it went as far as a bid.”
You don’t think you bid for him? Dear oh dear, David!
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Man United’s away record under Louis van Gaal is much worse than under David Moye...
- Watch how David Moyes & Unai Emery reacted to Real Sociedad 4 – Sevilla 3 [v...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi