David Moyes claims Man United won’t be doing any business in January; Doesn’t think he bid for De Rossi [Mirror]
Manchester United currently lie 7th in the Premier League table, 11 points off top and 5 points off 4th.
With a squad clearly incapable of challenging for the league, fans and pundits alike were expecting at least one or two significant signings in January.
However, when asked if he’ll be making any January signings David Moyes has been quoted in tomorrow’s Mirror on Sunday saying “I don’t think so. I think most of the business will be more towards the summer rather than January.”
Although it may be difficult to bring in top signings in January, it will be even more difficult to attract top players if there is no Champions League on offer this summer.
Perhaps the Manchester United manager has learnt his lesson from the public failure of his bids for Barcelona’s Cesc Fabregas.
On Roma’s Daniele De Rossi, Moyes was quoted as saying “We did certainly think about bringing him in the summer time. I don’t think it went as far as a bid.”
You don’t think you bid for him? Dear oh dear, David!
Watch Live Stream
- David Moyes: I wanted to bring Toni Kroos to Man United [Times]June 26, 2016
- Mourinho took less than a minute of being Manchester United boss to troll Van Gaal (Video)May 27, 2016
- Everton fans don’t want David Moyes to come back, start extremely unsentimental hashtag [Tweets]May 24, 2016
- Ex-Man Utd boss David Moyes speaks about being favourite for the Celtic job (Video)April 20, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic excited to make Manchester United debut in Sweden (Video)July 29, 2016
- Paul Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola insists there’s no deal between Man United & Juventus [Twitter]July 29, 2016
- Paul Pogba ready to fly to England to complete medical at Man United [GdS]July 29, 2016
- Bastian Schweinsteiger & Adnan Januzaj left out of Man United’s 23 man squad for Galatasaray gameJuly 29, 2016