David Moyes claims Man United won’t be doing any business in January; Doesn’t think he bid for De Rossi [Mirror]
Manchester United currently lie 7th in the Premier League table, 11 points off top and 5 points off 4th.
With a squad clearly incapable of challenging for the league, fans and pundits alike were expecting at least one or two significant signings in January.
However, when asked if he’ll be making any January signings David Moyes has been quoted in tomorrow’s Mirror on Sunday saying “I don’t think so. I think most of the business will be more towards the summer rather than January.”
Although it may be difficult to bring in top signings in January, it will be even more difficult to attract top players if there is no Champions League on offer this summer.
Perhaps the Manchester United manager has learnt his lesson from the public failure of his bids for Barcelona’s Cesc Fabregas.
On Roma’s Daniele De Rossi, Moyes was quoted as saying “We did certainly think about bringing him in the summer time. I don’t think it went as far as a bid.”
You don’t think you bid for him? Dear oh dear, David!
Watch Live Stream
- Nemanja Vidic talks about the time David Moyes made him watch videos of Phil Jagielka defendingSeptember 17, 2016
- David Moyes confirms Adnan Januzaj’s Sunderland loan, promises plenty of game time (Video)August 12, 2016
- Sunderland boss David Moyes confirms Adnan Januzaj deal & talks Everton target Lamine KoneAugust 12, 2016
- David Moyes: I wanted to bring Toni Kroos to Man United [Times]June 26, 2016
- Ex Man United striker Federico Macheda could seal Premier League returnSeptember 29, 2016
- 16-year-old Brazilian on trial at Manchester UnitedSeptember 29, 2016
- Man United fan edits Wikipedia entry for Golden Boy Award 2016September 29, 2016
- Man United & Man City are at ‘war’ over a German World Cup winner [El Chiringuito]September 29, 2016