David Moyes claims Man United won’t be doing any business in January; Doesn’t think he bid for De Rossi [Mirror]
Manchester United currently lie 7th in the Premier League table, 11 points off top and 5 points off 4th.
With a squad clearly incapable of challenging for the league, fans and pundits alike were expecting at least one or two significant signings in January.
However, when asked if he’ll be making any January signings David Moyes has been quoted in tomorrow’s Mirror on Sunday saying “I don’t think so. I think most of the business will be more towards the summer rather than January.”
Although it may be difficult to bring in top signings in January, it will be even more difficult to attract top players if there is no Champions League on offer this summer.
Perhaps the Manchester United manager has learnt his lesson from the public failure of his bids for Barcelona’s Cesc Fabregas.
On Roma’s Daniele De Rossi, Moyes was quoted as saying “We did certainly think about bringing him in the summer time. I don’t think it went as far as a bid.”
You don’t think you bid for him? Dear oh dear, David!
Watch Live Stream
- Jose Mourinho’s record after 14 Manchester United games is worse than David Moyes’October 24, 2016
- Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs: Marouane Fellaini was a ‘panic buy’October 22, 2016
- Nemanja Vidic talks about the time David Moyes made him watch videos of Phil Jagielka defendingSeptember 17, 2016
- David Moyes confirms Adnan Januzaj’s Sunderland loan, promises plenty of game time (Video)August 12, 2016
- Man United’s Ashley Young once again trolls Eric Bailly’s shoes (Video)October 27, 2016
- Man United legend Patrice Evra dresses up as a panda to fight racism in awesome Instagram videoOctober 27, 2016
- Man United have finally released their official squad photo – and there are notable omissions [Pictures]October 27, 2016
- Juventus aren’t interested in Henrikh Mkhitaryan at this moment [Fabrizio Romano]October 27, 2016