DAVID MOYES AXED! Man United manger after 8am meeting with chief executive Ed Woodward [Daily Mail]
It’s over. David Moyes has been sacked by Manchester United according to the Daily Mail.
Ian Ladyman appears to have won the race to be the first journalist to announce that Moyes’ career is over at Old Trafford with an article uploaded onto the Mail’s website at 8.14am UK time on Tuesday.
Impressively Ladyman’s article was published just 14 minutes after Moyes was said to have met with United chief executive Ed Woodward to receive his marching orders.
David Moyes has been sacked by Manchester United with immediate effect. Chief executive Ed Woodward arrived at Carrington at 8am on Tuesday morning to inform the Scot face-to-face of the news.
United are confident of landing Holland coach Louis van Gaal as his replacement once they have tied up details of the manager’s severance package.
Moyes has been sacked having not even completed one year of a six-year contract and will receive a hefty compensation package. The Scot, on a day off on Monday, is understood to have been hurt and angry after learning of his fate on newspaper websites.
Watch Live Stream
- Sunderland boss David Moyes plans to park the ‘double decker bus at Liverpool (Video)November 26, 2016
- Sunderland boss David Moyes mocked after sharing his tactics pre Liverpool gameNovember 25, 2016
- David Moyes thinks Mourinho’s struggles put his Man United reign in contextNovember 5, 2016
- Things go from bad to worse for Sunderland and David MoyesNovember 1, 2016
- Man United v Spurs: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016
- Jose Mourinho trolls Arsenal ahead of clash with Tottenham HotspurDecember 10, 2016
- Polyglot: Manchester United’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan is a genius off the pitch as well as on itDecember 10, 2016
- Premier League clubs eye up Real Madrid defender this January [Mirror]December 10, 2016