- Martin Odegaard takes part in first senior Real Madrid training session [Video]
- Mino Raiola prepares for summer bidding war over Paul Pogba [Graphic]
- Frank Lampard & Sergio Aguero score beautiful free kicks in Man City training [Video]
- Fernando Torres v Neymar at half-time of Atletico-Barcelona [video]
- Best Memes: Arda Turan throws his boot at a linesman during Atletico v Barcelona [Video]
DAVID MOYES AXED! Man United manger after 8am meeting with chief executive Ed Woodward [Daily Mail]
It’s over. David Moyes has been sacked by Manchester United according to the Daily Mail.
Ian Ladyman appears to have won the race to be the first journalist to announce that Moyes’ career is over at Old Trafford with an article uploaded onto the Mail’s website at 8.14am UK time on Tuesday.
Impressively Ladyman’s article was published just 14 minutes after Moyes was said to have met with United chief executive Ed Woodward to receive his marching orders.
David Moyes has been sacked by Manchester United with immediate effect. Chief executive Ed Woodward arrived at Carrington at 8am on Tuesday morning to inform the Scot face-to-face of the news.
United are confident of landing Holland coach Louis van Gaal as his replacement once they have tied up details of the manager’s severance package.
Moyes has been sacked having not even completed one year of a six-year contract and will receive a hefty compensation package. The Scot, on a day off on Monday, is understood to have been hurt and angry after learning of his fate on newspaper websites.
- Updated: April 22, 2014