DAVID MOYES AXED! Man United manger after 8am meeting with chief executive Ed Woodward [Daily Mail]
- April 22, 2014
It’s over. David Moyes has been sacked by Manchester United according to the Daily Mail.
Ian Ladyman appears to have won the race to be the first journalist to announce that Moyes’ career is over at Old Trafford with an article uploaded onto the Mail’s website at 8.14am UK time on Tuesday.
Impressively Ladyman’s article was published just 14 minutes after Moyes was said to have met with United chief executive Ed Woodward to receive his marching orders.
David Moyes has been sacked by Manchester United with immediate effect. Chief executive Ed Woodward arrived at Carrington at 8am on Tuesday morning to inform the Scot face-to-face of the news.
United are confident of landing Holland coach Louis van Gaal as his replacement once they have tied up details of the manager’s severance package.
Moyes has been sacked having not even completed one year of a six-year contract and will receive a hefty compensation package. The Scot, on a day off on Monday, is understood to have been hurt and angry after learning of his fate on newspaper websites.
Wolfsburg’s Naldo & Vieirinha soak their boss with beer during his press conference
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]