- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
David James scores ridiculous own goal (Bristol City 0 – Watford 2)
- Updated: March 21, 2012
It is a long time since David James was known as “Calamity James” and blamed his regular gaffes on a love of the PlayStation 1.
Nevertheless, at the grand old age of 41, the former Liverpool, West Ham, Portsmouth and England keeper gave us all a reminder of what he could do between the sticks on Tuesday evening.
Facing his former club Watford, James rushed out to come and punch a deep cross from Carl Dickinson after just 15 minutes of play in the Championship match.
James didn’t claim the ball or punch it up the field. What transpired was one of the goalie gaffes of the season and is an error in keeping with a long and distinguished career.
Bristol City boss Derek McInnes is unlikely to have made James feel any better with these comments after the match:
“The first was a killer goal from our perspective because we had started brightly. A mistake like that is something you cannot anticipate and the game ran away from us.”