- FA ban Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli for one game and fine him £25,000 for Instagram post
- Arsenal appear to be out of the race for Paulo Dybala as Palermo’s £31m valuation is too high
- Man United players sign the head of a brave girl suffering from leukaemia after she lost her hair
- Park Ji-Sung given hero’s reception at PSV before crowd accidentally set banner on fire [Videos]
- The Wealdstone Raider thanks Rio Ferdinand and Piers Morgan for their support [Video]
David De Gea’s flying foot save at Real Madrid compared to cartoon character Ed Warner
The Spanish media are predictably revelling in the performance of Manchester United keeper David De Gea at Real Madrid on Wednesday evening.
Just 22-years-old, the Spaniard appeared to come of age in the Bernabeu as he produced his best performance for Manchester United.
Whilst unconventional, De Gea’s second half save from Fabio Coentrao was the one that stood out as he covered a lot of ground on his line to make an unconventional stop.
Today, the Spanish media, specifically Madrid-based paper AS, have compared the save to one cartoon character Ed Warner would make.
Ed Warner, is the goalkeeper from Oliver and Benji, also known as Captain Tsubasa, a very popular football cartoon in Japan.
Comparison of David De Gea’s save at the Bernabeu to cartoon character Ed Warner’s is on the video below.
- Updated: February 14, 2013