- Double panna! Leverkusen’s Karim Bellarabi nutmegged 2 players with 1 pass [Official Video]
- Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard & Martin Skrtel won 0% of their tackles in 3-1 loss to Crystal Palace
- Arsenal are 11/2 to beat Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League!!!!
- Stephanie Roche tries to recreate THAT Puskas nominated goal on French TV [Video]
- Bayern Munich are 4/1 to beat Manchester City in the Champions League!!!!
David De Gea’s flying foot save at Real Madrid compared to cartoon character Ed Warner
The Spanish media are predictably revelling in the performance of Manchester United keeper David De Gea at Real Madrid on Wednesday evening.
Just 22-years-old, the Spaniard appeared to come of age in the Bernabeu as he produced his best performance for Manchester United.
Whilst unconventional, De Gea’s second half save from Fabio Coentrao was the one that stood out as he covered a lot of ground on his line to make an unconventional stop.
Today, the Spanish media, specifically Madrid-based paper AS, have compared the save to one cartoon character Ed Warner would make.
Ed Warner, is the goalkeeper from Oliver and Benji, also known as Captain Tsubasa, a very popular football cartoon in Japan.
Comparison of David De Gea’s save at the Bernabeu to cartoon character Ed Warner’s is on the video below.
- Updated: February 14, 2013