David De Gea’s flying foot save at Real Madrid compared to cartoon character Ed Warner
- February 14, 2013
The Spanish media are predictably revelling in the performance of Manchester United keeper David De Gea at Real Madrid on Wednesday evening.
Just 22-years-old, the Spaniard appeared to come of age in the Bernabeu as he produced his best performance for Manchester United.
Whilst unconventional, De Gea’s second half save from Fabio Coentrao was the one that stood out as he covered a lot of ground on his line to make an unconventional stop.
Today, the Spanish media, specifically Madrid-based paper AS, have compared the save to one cartoon character Ed Warner would make.
Ed Warner, is the goalkeeper from Oliver and Benji, also known as Captain Tsubasa, a very popular football cartoon in Japan.
Comparison of David De Gea’s save at the Bernabeu to cartoon character Ed Warner’s is on the video below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi