David De Gea’s flying foot save at Real Madrid compared to cartoon character Ed Warner
- February 14, 2013
The Spanish media are predictably revelling in the performance of Manchester United keeper David De Gea at Real Madrid on Wednesday evening.
Just 22-years-old, the Spaniard appeared to come of age in the Bernabeu as he produced his best performance for Manchester United.
Whilst unconventional, De Gea’s second half save from Fabio Coentrao was the one that stood out as he covered a lot of ground on his line to make an unconventional stop.
Today, the Spanish media, specifically Madrid-based paper AS, have compared the save to one cartoon character Ed Warner would make.
Ed Warner, is the goalkeeper from Oliver and Benji, also known as Captain Tsubasa, a very popular football cartoon in Japan.
Comparison of David De Gea’s save at the Bernabeu to cartoon character Ed Warner’s is on the video below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...