David Beckham’s son Brooklyn gets a shot at playing for Manchester United [Guardian]
- November 1, 2013
Beckham back at Old Trafford? It’s possible according to the Guardian.
A lead story in the Friday broadsheet is that Brooklyn Beckham has been given a trial at Manchester United to see if he is good enough for the Old Trafford academy.
Daniel Taylor writes:
United’s coaching staff have been monitoring the 14-year-old after inviting him to the club where his father made almost 400 appearances, winning the Premier League six times, the FA Cup twice and the European Cup.
Beckham took him into United’s training ground in Carrington on Thursday and other sessions are planned before the academy staff establish whether the teenager should be given the chance to shine at the club where his father started his long and illustrious career.
Brooklyn’s desire to follow his father into football is well known, with bookmakers offering odds of 12-1 that he plays for England, and his visit to Manchester is aimed at measuring his ability and helping to find him the right environment. It has been emphasised that it was not a trial, more a chance for everyone to have a look at one another.
Brooklyn Beckham has in fact already scored a goal in front of a packed Old Trafford back in the day. Relive that goal below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...