David Beckham’s son Brooklyn gets a shot at playing for Manchester United [Guardian]
Beckham back at Old Trafford? It’s possible according to the Guardian.
A lead story in the Friday broadsheet is that Brooklyn Beckham has been given a trial at Manchester United to see if he is good enough for the Old Trafford academy.
Daniel Taylor writes:
United’s coaching staff have been monitoring the 14-year-old after inviting him to the club where his father made almost 400 appearances, winning the Premier League six times, the FA Cup twice and the European Cup.
Beckham took him into United’s training ground in Carrington on Thursday and other sessions are planned before the academy staff establish whether the teenager should be given the chance to shine at the club where his father started his long and illustrious career.
Brooklyn’s desire to follow his father into football is well known, with bookmakers offering odds of 12-1 that he plays for England, and his visit to Manchester is aimed at measuring his ability and helping to find him the right environment. It has been emphasised that it was not a trial, more a chance for everyone to have a look at one another.
Brooklyn Beckham has in fact already scored a goal in front of a packed Old Trafford back in the day. Relive that goal below.
Watch Live Stream
- David Beckham takes part in 22 push-up challenge [Instagram Video]September 23, 2016
- David Beckham sends awesome message to Wayne Rooney on InstagramSeptember 4, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic stars in the David Beckham Sky Sports advert (442oons video)July 28, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic: I might join David Beckham after Man United [Goal]July 26, 2016
- Gary Neville bemoans Man United’s midfield problem despite £200m investmentOctober 24, 2016
- Subdued Birthday wishes for Wayne Rooney after Manchester United’s 4-0 thrashing at ChelseaOctober 24, 2016
- Jose Mourinho’s record after 14 Manchester United games is worse than David Moyes’October 24, 2016
- Manchester United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic is going through his longest goal drought in 10 yearsOctober 24, 2016