David Beckham was more excited by Eric Cantona’s reaction than his famous goal v Wimbledon
- December 17, 2013
The official Manchester United Facebook page have produced a quality interview with David Beckham on that goal versus Wimbledon all the way back in 1996.
It was very much the goal that launched David Beckham into the public consciousness – after all Pele had tried and failed to lob the keeper from the halfway line in the 1970 World Cup.
Beckham claimed a glorious goal that will go down as one of the all-time greats and he talks on the video below about how he treasures the reaction of Eric Cantona more than the actual goal itself for Manchester United at Wimbledon.
This interview is very much in the mould of the recent documentary film The Class of 92 and will no doubt be enjoyed by Manchester United fans the world over.
- England stars reflect on reaching World Cup semi-finals & David Beckham sends cong...
- David Beckham posts classy Happy Birthday message to Zinedine Zidane [Instagram]
- Becks posts Instagram tribute to Barcelona and Juve’s midfield maestros
- Manchester United’s Class of ’92: 17-year old David Beckham didn’t la...
- David Beckham scored the record long range MLS goal on this day in 2008 [Video]
- Ex-Arsenal player Brooklyn Beckham shows off his accuracy skills in a new footy video o...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi