David Beckham was more excited by Eric Cantona’s reaction than his famous goal v Wimbledon
- December 17, 2013
The official Manchester United Facebook page have produced a quality interview with David Beckham on that goal versus Wimbledon all the way back in 1996.
It was very much the goal that launched David Beckham into the public consciousness – after all Pele had tried and failed to lob the keeper from the halfway line in the 1970 World Cup.
Beckham claimed a glorious goal that will go down as one of the all-time greats and he talks on the video below about how he treasures the reaction of Eric Cantona more than the actual goal itself for Manchester United at Wimbledon.
This interview is very much in the mould of the recent documentary film The Class of 92 and will no doubt be enjoyed by Manchester United fans the world over.
- Feature: The shadow of Miami Marlins continues to loom over Beckham’s MLS stadium...
- Sky Sports randomly wonder if David Beckham’s halfway line goal was greatest PL g...
- David Beckham gets a new tattoo to celebrate Manchester United’s famous treble [I...
- Ex Man United & Real Madrid star David Beckham surprises family with $100,000 [Video]
- Effortlessly cool: Ex Man United star David Beckham catches ball at Wimbledon [Video]
- Steven Gerrard says he hopes to follow in David Beckham’s footsteps at LA Galaxy ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi