David Beckham gets another PR win writing a full page letter in a Miami paper [Picture]
- February 6, 2014
David Beckham never misses an opportunity to pull a PR stunt out his bag, and the day after Goldenballs announced he his bringing a new team to Miami the Englishman has written directly to the people of the pan-handle state.
Beckham bought a full page advert in one of the Miami papers, and the former Man United, Real Madrid, AC Milan, PSG and LA Galaxy star used the space by writing a letter to the citizens of the American state.
Yesterday we announced that we are taking the first steps in bringing Major League Soccer to this great city. Today I personally want to thank everyone for the warm and gracious welcome you have given me.
While we considered various places, I knew in my heart – from my very first visit – that Miami was the right home for our club. This wonderfully vibrant and diverse community is filed with the same energy that makes soccer the most popular game in the world.
I am excited and humbled to help bring soccer to Miami, and to help further Miami’s deserved reputation as a trie world-class city.
See a copy of David Beckham’s letter below.
- Feature: The shadow of Miami Marlins continues to loom over Beckham’s MLS stadium...
- Sky Sports randomly wonder if David Beckham’s halfway line goal was greatest PL g...
- David Beckham gets a new tattoo to celebrate Manchester United’s famous treble [I...
- Ex Man United & Real Madrid star David Beckham surprises family with $100,000 [Video]
- Effortlessly cool: Ex Man United star David Beckham catches ball at Wimbledon [Video]
- Steven Gerrard says he hopes to follow in David Beckham’s footsteps at LA Galaxy ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi