David Beckham explains his retirement to best mate Gary Neville (jokingly blames Messi!)
- May 16, 2013
What better way to go out than have a chat with your best mate.
Which is exactly what David Beckham did on Thursday afternoon with an exclusive for Sky Sports News w Goldenballs’ reasoning behind retirement.
Jokingly, Beckham blamed Lionel Messi “running past me” in the recent Champions League first leg between PSG and Barcelona.
As ever, Beckham was eloquent and polite in explaining how he has “gone out on a high” and says all the right things to G Nev.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...