Darren Fletcher played 90 minutes as Manchester United lost to Stoke U21s [Individual highlights]
10-man Stoke won 1-0, but for Manchester United’s Darren Fletcher, the match was another small victory in his journey back to recovery.
29-year-old Fletcher has barely be seen on a football pitch since 2011, when the United midfielder was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis.
Several operations later, and having had his diet completely revised, Fletcher made his comeback at the end of OCtober in a 2-2 draw against Fulham’s U21s, and a couple of days ago the Scottish star completed his first 90 minutes since returning to the field of play.
Fletcher close to opening the scoring after soaring down the right before fluffing his final touch in the area. The midfielder then saw Stoke keeper Ray Bachman turn away a second effort after some neat United build-up play involving Larnell Cole and Tom Lawrence.
Stoke won the match in the second half when Adam Thomas managed to find the back of the net with a header after getting in front of Ben Amos and latching on to the ball from a corner kick.
Footage of Darren Fletcher’s individual highlights for Manchester United’s U21s against Stoke can be seen below.
Watch Live Stream
- Ex-Manchester United man Darren Fletcher lays JFT96 floral tribute in front of Liverpool fans (Video)May 15, 2016
- Ex Man United star Darren Fletcher jokes about Sir Alex Ferguson being his dad (Video)March 17, 2016
- Sunderland’s Steven Fletcher talks about his Marseille debut (Video)February 8, 2016
- Darren Fletcher insists that Saido Berahino is a ‘good kid who does silly things’ (Video)December 28, 2015
- Vicente del Bosque supports Jose Mourinho’s criticisms of Chelsea’s boss [Cadena SER]October 26, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic discusses his & Man United’s poor formOctober 26, 2016
- Man United fans go nuts as Mourinho says Pogba could play in a different position [Tweets]October 26, 2016
- Full Time Devils worry about Eric Bailly’s injury (Video)October 26, 2016