Darren Fletcher played 90 minutes as Manchester United lost to Stoke U21s [Individual highlights]
- November 10, 2013
10-man Stoke won 1-0, but for Manchester United’s Darren Fletcher, the match was another small victory in his journey back to recovery.
29-year-old Fletcher has barely be seen on a football pitch since 2011, when the United midfielder was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis.
Several operations later, and having had his diet completely revised, Fletcher made his comeback at the end of OCtober in a 2-2 draw against Fulham’s U21s, and a couple of days ago the Scottish star completed his first 90 minutes since returning to the field of play.
Fletcher close to opening the scoring after soaring down the right before fluffing his final touch in the area. The midfielder then saw Stoke keeper Ray Bachman turn away a second effort after some neat United build-up play involving Larnell Cole and Tom Lawrence.
Stoke won the match in the second half when Adam Thomas managed to find the back of the net with a header after getting in front of Ben Amos and latching on to the ball from a corner kick.
Footage of Darren Fletcher’s individual highlights for Manchester United’s U21s against Stoke can be seen below.
- West Brom’s Darren Fletcher admits it will be strange to face old club Manchester...
- Man Utd old boy Darren Fletcher speaks to West Brom’s channel ahead of Astle Day ...
- West Brom’s Darren Fletcher: ‘I felt like my time was up at Manchester Unit...
- Wayne Rooney bids farewell to Anderson & Darren Fletcher on Instagram
- Darren Fletcher claims Man United didn’t want him to leave [Audio]
- Man United stars post emotional tributes for West Brom bound Darren Fletcher [Instagram]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...