- Lionel Messi wants to leave Spain because he feels persecuted by the taxman [El Confidencial]
- Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino insists he has the support of Daniel Levy [Video]
- Wayne Rooney posts video of his son Kai doing cartwheels before he did the same in celebration against Slovenia
- Flashback Friday! Thierry Henry scores one of the great Premier League goals against Man United
- Arsenal post video showing why ‘Welbz’ is ‘Dat Guy’ [Video]
Darren Fletcher played 90 minutes as Manchester United lost to Stoke U21s [Individual highlights]
10-man Stoke won 1-0, but for Manchester United’s Darren Fletcher, the match was another small victory in his journey back to recovery.
29-year-old Fletcher has barely be seen on a football pitch since 2011, when the United midfielder was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis.
Several operations later, and having had his diet completely revised, Fletcher made his comeback at the end of OCtober in a 2-2 draw against Fulham’s U21s, and a couple of days ago the Scottish star completed his first 90 minutes since returning to the field of play.
Fletcher close to opening the scoring after soaring down the right before fluffing his final touch in the area. The midfielder then saw Stoke keeper Ray Bachman turn away a second effort after some neat United build-up play involving Larnell Cole and Tom Lawrence.
Stoke won the match in the second half when Adam Thomas managed to find the back of the net with a header after getting in front of Ben Amos and latching on to the ball from a corner kick.
Footage of Darren Fletcher’s individual highlights for Manchester United’s U21s against Stoke can be seen below.
- Updated: November 10, 2013