Darren Fletcher made his long awaited Man United return in a 2-2 draw with Fulham U21s [Individual highlights]
Manchester United fans, Scottish football fans, and fans of football in general can all agree: the return of Darren Fletcher to competitive football is a brilliant sight to see.
29-year-old Fletcher has barely be seen on a football pitch since 2011, when the United midfielder was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis.
Several operations later, and having had his diet completely revised, Monday night at the AJ Bell Stadium in Salford saw Fletcher make his long awaited Man United return in a 2-2 draw with Fulham U21s.
Fletcher played 67 minutes of the match in a central midfield role, and the Scottish international quickly found his rhythm as he sprayed long passes all around the pitch while also popping off numerous, neat first time passes around the surface.
After the match Fletcher told reporters:
The support from the club has been fantastic – from Sir Alex Ferguson to the new manager and David Gill. Everyone at the club. I couldn’t ask for anything better. It’s been tough. Luckily, I’ve got a great family around me – my wife, children, mum, dad and sisters. It’s a great family and, if it was not for them, I wouldn’t be standing here today.
Footage of Darren Fletcher’s individual highlights for Man United’s U21s against Fulham can be seen below, along with Fletcher’s post match interview.
- West Brom’s Darren Fletcher admits it will be strange to face old club Manchester...
- Man Utd old boy Darren Fletcher speaks to West Brom’s channel ahead of Astle Day ...
- West Brom’s Darren Fletcher: ‘I felt like my time was up at Manchester Unit...
- Wayne Rooney bids farewell to Anderson & Darren Fletcher on Instagram
- Memphis Depay admits he’s struggling with the physical side of the Premier League...
- David Beckham backs Man United striker Wayne Rooney to prove critics wrong
- Man United’s Morgan Schneiderlin scores a cracking volley at France training (video)
- Man United playmaker Juan Mata plays FIFA 16 v Spencer FC (video)