Daniel Agger defends his tackle on Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere [Sky Sports]
Daniel Agger injured Jack Wilshere when England faced Denmark at Wembley. Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere will be out for 6 weeks due to the tackle.
Agger said the following: “It was an honest 50-50. You have to go for those challenges. I was going for the ball and I think I got the ball, but the referee didn’t.”
Wilsheres World Cup hopes has been cast into doubt after another injury and Arsenal fans are not happy that Wilshere will not be available for the title run in.
Watch the tackle below. To read the best tweets about the tackle, click here.
Watch Live Stream
- Must read: Kim Kallstrom brilliantly recounts his time at ArsenalJuly 29, 2016
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba jokes about signing for Arsenal after friendly defeat (Video)July 29, 2016
- Arsenal fans on Twitter lay into Theo Walcott during woeful display v MLS All Stars [Tweets]July 29, 2016
- Granit Xhaka’s impressive individual highlights in Arsenal debut v MLS All Stars (Video)July 29, 2016
- Jack Wilshere picks his 5-a-side team. His goalie choice was bizarre (Video)July 27, 2016
- Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere ripped apart for woeful performance v Slovakia [Best Tweets]June 20, 2016
- Jack Wilshere’s Twitter tribute to Daniel Agger is both random and very magnanimousJune 9, 2016
- Jamie Vardy & Jack Wilshere post-England win, Arsenal man declares himself 100% fit (Video)May 22, 2016