Daniel Agger defends his tackle on Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere [Sky Sports]
Daniel Agger injured Jack Wilshere when England faced Denmark at Wembley. Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere will be out for 6 weeks due to the tackle.
Agger said the following: “It was an honest 50-50. You have to go for those challenges. I was going for the ball and I think I got the ball, but the referee didn’t.”
Wilsheres World Cup hopes has been cast into doubt after another injury and Arsenal fans are not happy that Wilshere will not be available for the title run in.
Watch the tackle below. To read the best tweets about the tackle, click here.
Watch Live Stream
- Rumour: Arsenal may still sign one more striker after Lucas PerezAugust 29, 2016
- Man City & Chelsea stars plus Marcus Rashford & Alexis Sanchez in the BBC XI of the weekAugust 29, 2016
- Great Memory: Patrice Evra commemorates Manchester United 8 – Arsenal 2 on InstagramAugust 28, 2016
- Shkodran Mustafi tells Sky Sports News why he chose to join ArsenalAugust 28, 2016
- Daniel Sturridge is like Jack Wilshere. They need to perform on the training pitch (Sky Video)August 28, 2016
- Jack Wilshere’s pre-season tweet makes for funny reading after Arsenal 3 – Liverpool 4August 15, 2016
- Arsenal announce squad for tour of Scandinavia; Jack Wilshere misses out through injuryAugust 4, 2016
- Arsene Wenger explains why Jack Wilshere didn’t play in 3-1 win against Chivas (Video)August 1, 2016