Daniel Agger defends his tackle on Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere [Sky Sports]
Daniel Agger injured Jack Wilshere when England faced Denmark at Wembley. Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere will be out for 6 weeks due to the tackle.
Agger said the following: “It was an honest 50-50. You have to go for those challenges. I was going for the ball and I think I got the ball, but the referee didn’t.”
Wilsheres World Cup hopes has been cast into doubt after another injury and Arsenal fans are not happy that Wilshere will not be available for the title run in.
Watch the tackle below. To read the best tweets about the tackle, click here.
Watch Live Stream
- It looks like Theo Walcott is finally making good on his Alexis Sanchez arrival warningSeptember 29, 2016
- Theo Walcott on playing at a different level, post Arsenal-Basel interview (video)September 29, 2016
- Spurs star Sonaldo nutmegs Arsenal youngster Calum Chambers (video)September 29, 2016
- DT refuses to support Arsene Wenger after the Basel win (Arsenal Fan TV Video)September 29, 2016
- Wilshere on his way out? Arsenal fans react to Mesut Ozil’s reported new shirt number [Tweets]September 28, 2016
- Jack Wilshere badly struggles on full Bournemouth debut v Manchester City [Tweets]September 17, 2016
- Arsene Wenger calls Jack Wilshere ‘world class’ and states his hopes for the midfielder (Video)September 9, 2016
- Arsene Wenger didn’t want Jack Wilshere to join Bournemouth [Sun]September 4, 2016