Damn Deadlines! The Times’ article on Rafa Benitez filed at 5.30pm on Wednesday
- February 28, 2013
@101greatgoals If it’s the first edition piece from yesterday, such is life. It was written at 530 yesterday, when it was broadly true.
— Rory Smith (@RorySmithTimes) February 28, 2013
The excellent @TheMediaTweets has unearthed a gem.
As is well known, newspapers go to print well before the 12pm mark and this proved a quite embarrassing for the Times of London’s journalist Rory Smith yesterday.
Printing his article early in the afternoon Smith went with the now excellent headline “Shrewd Benitez.”
With hindsight, which has rapidly altered the picture around Benitez’s tenure at Stamford Bridge, Smith’s opening couple of paragraphs have quickly turned out to be wrong.
Enjoy Rory Smith’s piece of Chelsea manager Rafa Benitez below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...