- A shirtless Thierry Henry reacts to New York Red Bulls 1 – New England Revolution 2 [Video]
- Still Got It! 41 year old Cuauhtemoc Blanco scores free-kick for Puebla v Santos Laguna
- (Chelsea’s) Fernando Torres has disappointing 73 minutes in AC Milan 1 – Inter 1 [Individual Highlights]
- AC Milan 1 – Inter Milan 1 [Video Highlights]
- ‘Oh No You Don’t!’ Xavi forced Messi back out onto pitch to receive guard of honour [GIF]
Damn Deadlines! The Times’ article on Rafa Benitez filed at 5.30pm on Wednesday
@101greatgoals If it’s the first edition piece from yesterday, such is life. It was written at 530 yesterday, when it was broadly true.
— Rory Smith (@RorySmithTimes) February 28, 2013
The excellent @TheMediaTweets has unearthed a gem.
As is well known, newspapers go to print well before the 12pm mark and this proved a quite embarrassing for the Times of London’s journalist Rory Smith yesterday.
Printing his article early in the afternoon Smith went with the now excellent headline “Shrewd Benitez.”
With hindsight, which has rapidly altered the picture around Benitez’s tenure at Stamford Bridge, Smith’s opening couple of paragraphs have quickly turned out to be wrong.
Enjoy Rory Smith’s piece of Chelsea manager Rafa Benitez below.
- Updated: February 28, 2013