Damn Deadlines! The Times’ article on Rafa Benitez filed at 5.30pm on Wednesday
- February 28, 2013
@101greatgoals If it’s the first edition piece from yesterday, such is life. It was written at 530 yesterday, when it was broadly true.
— Rory Smith (@RorySmithTimes) February 28, 2013
The excellent @TheMediaTweets has unearthed a gem.
As is well known, newspapers go to print well before the 12pm mark and this proved a quite embarrassing for the Times of London’s journalist Rory Smith yesterday.
Printing his article early in the afternoon Smith went with the now excellent headline “Shrewd Benitez.”
With hindsight, which has rapidly altered the picture around Benitez’s tenure at Stamford Bridge, Smith’s opening couple of paragraphs have quickly turned out to be wrong.
Enjoy Rory Smith’s piece of Chelsea manager Rafa Benitez below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...