Damn Deadlines! The Times’ article on Rafa Benitez filed at 5.30pm on Wednesday
- February 28, 2013
@101greatgoals If it’s the first edition piece from yesterday, such is life. It was written at 530 yesterday, when it was broadly true.
— Rory Smith (@RorySmithTimes) February 28, 2013
The excellent @TheMediaTweets has unearthed a gem.
As is well known, newspapers go to print well before the 12pm mark and this proved a quite embarrassing for the Times of London’s journalist Rory Smith yesterday.
Printing his article early in the afternoon Smith went with the now excellent headline “Shrewd Benitez.”
With hindsight, which has rapidly altered the picture around Benitez’s tenure at Stamford Bridge, Smith’s opening couple of paragraphs have quickly turned out to be wrong.
Enjoy Rory Smith’s piece of Chelsea manager Rafa Benitez below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi