Daily Mail: Moyes is ‘close’ to getting Cristiano Ronaldo back to Man United, Rooney out
- May 8, 2013
Sir Alex Ferguson hasn’t even left the Old Trafford hotseat, but already David Moyes is on the verge of his first Manchester United signing. That’s according to Thursday’s Daily Mail at least.
The Mail take a different route to most of their media competitors on Thursday, by splashing the back page of their pseudo-tabloid with a transfer rumour the day after Sir Alex Ferguson announced his retirement plans.
According to the Mail, Wayne Rooney is set to leave the Red Devils while Cristiano Ronaldo is “close” to a sensational return to the Theatre of Dreams.
The Mail claim that David Gill, United’s current chief executive, is currently in Madrid meeting Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes and talks about Cristiano’s return to Manchester are positive.
As to the Wayne Rooney side of the article, rumours that Wazza may depart Old Trafford are nothing new, however that fact that David Moyes once threatened to take Rooney to court over remarks made in his autobiography suggests that any professional relationship between the two is now unworkable.
The Daily Mail’s back page on Thursday is below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...