- Juventus post Paul Pogba highlights video on Instagram after Chievo win
- PSV attacker Memphis Depay backs away from an opponent in training [Video]
- UAE star Omar Abdulrahman turns on the style in training [Video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo dressed up as a homeless street performer before surprising young fan [Full Video]
- A hilarious dribbling FAIL from Mexico! Yorleys Mena (Morelia) v Leon [Video]
Daily Mail: Moyes is ‘close’ to getting Cristiano Ronaldo back to Man United, Rooney out
Sir Alex Ferguson hasn’t even left the Old Trafford hotseat, but already David Moyes is on the verge of his first Manchester United signing. That’s according to Thursday’s Daily Mail at least.
The Mail take a different route to most of their media competitors on Thursday, by splashing the back page of their pseudo-tabloid with a transfer rumour the day after Sir Alex Ferguson announced his retirement plans.
According to the Mail, Wayne Rooney is set to leave the Red Devils while Cristiano Ronaldo is “close” to a sensational return to the Theatre of Dreams.
The Mail claim that David Gill, United’s current chief executive, is currently in Madrid meeting Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes and talks about Cristiano’s return to Manchester are positive.
As to the Wayne Rooney side of the article, rumours that Wazza may depart Old Trafford are nothing new, however that fact that David Moyes once threatened to take Rooney to court over remarks made in his autobiography suggests that any professional relationship between the two is now unworkable.
The Daily Mail’s back page on Thursday is below.
- Updated: May 8, 2013