- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Daily Fail! Was Pere or Pep Guardiola at Liverpool to discuss Luis Suarez yesterday?
Pep Guardiola is the coach of Bayern Munich following a sabbatical of one year after success at Barcelona.
Pere Guardiola is Pep’s brother, and also agent of the Bayern Munich coach as well as wantaway Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.
The Daily Mail got in a fair old mess on Monday night as they published an article online suggesting Pep Guardiola had held discussions with Brendan Rodgers over the transfer of Luis Suarez.
Incredibly, the Daily Mail also wrote that “Edinson Cavani claimed he needs to quit Liverpool.” Doh!
Suarez’s agent was at Liverpool’s training ground Melwood on Tuesday and apparently held “cordial” discussions over the future of the Uruguayan striker.
The Daily Mail article below has since been changed online.
- Updated: July 9, 2013