Crystal Palace keeper Julian Speroni save to deny Chelsea’s Eden Hazard was stunning [Vine]
Should Crystal Palace keeper Julian Speroni be rewarded for a superb season at the Eagles with a place in Argentina’s World Cup squad.
Palace’s 34-year-old stopper has never played one international match for Argentina in his career, however there is a groundswell of opinion backing the Selhurst Park keeper to be in Alejandro Sabella’s team at Brazil 2014.
Monaco keeper Sergio Romero is currently Argentina’s number one, with Catania’s Mariano Andúja the back up.
On Saturday Speroni put in another quality performance against Chelsea. The veteran goalie commanded his area with assurance and made saves whenever he was called upon.
Speroni’s standout moment came when he made one fabulous diving save to turn aside a shot from Eden Hazardthat would have brought Chelsea level.
Watch Julian Speroni save to deny Chelsea’s Eden Hazard below.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea are preparing a €25 million bid for a Lazio defender [Alfredo Pedulla]August 27, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic top FPL GW3 captain above Sergio Aguero. Mavericks pick Chelsea starAugust 27, 2016
- Chelsea & Arsenal remain interested in James Rodriguez [AS]August 26, 2016
- Chelsea’s official channel destroy a Spurs fan on FacebookAugust 26, 2016
- Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish promises Wilfried Zaha won’t be sold to Spurs [Quotes]August 26, 2016
- Spurs have submitted £15m bid to Crystal Palace for Wilfried Zaha; Player wants move [BBC]August 25, 2016
- Spurs are chasing Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha [Mail]August 25, 2016
- Tottenham’s 4 best moments v Crystal Palace. Ft. Erik Lamela nuts & Rose reaction (Video)August 24, 2016