Crystal Palace keeper Julian Speroni save to deny Chelsea’s Eden Hazard was stunning [Vine]
Should Crystal Palace keeper Julian Speroni be rewarded for a superb season at the Eagles with a place in Argentina’s World Cup squad.
Palace’s 34-year-old stopper has never played one international match for Argentina in his career, however there is a groundswell of opinion backing the Selhurst Park keeper to be in Alejandro Sabella’s team at Brazil 2014.
Monaco keeper Sergio Romero is currently Argentina’s number one, with Catania’s Mariano Andúja the back up.
On Saturday Speroni put in another quality performance against Chelsea. The veteran goalie commanded his area with assurance and made saves whenever he was called upon.
Speroni’s standout moment came when he made one fabulous diving save to turn aside a shot from Eden Hazardthat would have brought Chelsea level.
Watch Julian Speroni save to deny Chelsea’s Eden Hazard below.
Watch Live Stream
- Michael Ballack questioned Antonio Conte’s tactics for Chelsea v West BromDecember 11, 2016
- Chelsea v West Brom [Team Sheets]December 11, 2016
- Chelsea fans will love this Dr Dre advert ahead of the West Brom game (video)December 11, 2016
- Chelsea fans react to docked points story [Tweets]December 11, 2016
- Hull’s Robert Snodgrass apologies on social media for diving v Crystal PalaceDecember 10, 2016
- Crystal Palace’s Yohan Cabaye online gaming proves he’s still a Newcastle fan (Video)December 4, 2016
- Pape Souare talks about car crash, admits his career is ‘in God’s hands’ [BBC Audio]December 1, 2016
- Alan Pardew is demanding a massive pay-off from Crystal Palace [Times]December 1, 2016