Crystal Palace keeper Julian Speroni save to deny Chelsea’s Eden Hazard was stunning [Vine]
- March 30, 2014
Should Crystal Palace keeper Julian Speroni be rewarded for a superb season at the Eagles with a place in Argentina’s World Cup squad.
Palace’s 34-year-old stopper has never played one international match for Argentina in his career, however there is a groundswell of opinion backing the Selhurst Park keeper to be in Alejandro Sabella’s team at Brazil 2014.
Monaco keeper Sergio Romero is currently Argentina’s number one, with Catania’s Mariano Andúja the back up.
On Saturday Speroni put in another quality performance against Chelsea. The veteran goalie commanded his area with assurance and made saves whenever he was called upon.
Speroni’s standout moment came when he made one fabulous diving save to turn aside a shot from Eden Hazardthat would have brought Chelsea level.
Watch Julian Speroni save to deny Chelsea’s Eden Hazard below.
- Newcastle fight the Black Cats to sign Chelsea’s Marco van Ginkel on loan [Voetba...
- New Petr Cech interview: On Mourinho, why he joined Arsenal & abuse from Chelsea f...
- Chelsea target Arda Turan expects to sign for Barcelona on Friday [Mundo Deportivo]
- Behind the scenes on Petr Cech’s first day at Arsenal [video]
- Chelsea fans enjoy new interview where Petr Cech jokes about Arsenal [video]
- Chelsea Fans Channel rank the top five worst Blues signings [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi