Crystal Palace considering QPR coach Glenn Hoddle as their new manager [Independent]
- August 19, 2014
No sooner has Glenn Hoddle got back into the Premier League becoming a coach at QPR, than the former Tottenham and England manager has been placed in the frame to take over the hot seat at Selhurst Park.
Crystal Palace, searching for a new manager after the shock departure of Tony Pulis just two days before the new season started, are now chasing Hoddle according to the Independent on Tuesday.
Sam Wallace, the Independent’s chief football writer, is listing Hoddle as a possible contender to take over at the Eagles, alongside the likes of Tim Sherwood or perhaps Malky Mackay.
Glenn Hoddle is the surprise third candidate on Steve Parish’s shortlist to replace Tony Pulis, with the Crystal Palace co-owner eager to speak to the Queen’s Park Rangers coach before he makes a decision.
QPR would be sorry to lose Hoddle but clearly would allow him to leave should Palace wish to appoint him.
Parish is eager to have a manager in place before the weekend, in time to take over for the game at home to West Ham on Saturday. It is unclear what kind of compensation, if any, Palace would be obliged to pay Rangers were they to appoint Hoddle.
Crystal Palace lost 2-1 at Arsenal in round one of the new Premier League season, while the next match for the Eagles is another London derby against West Ham at Selhurst Park on Saturday.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...