- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
Crystal Palace close in on Villa’s Darren Bent & Arsenal’s Marouane Chamakh [SSN]
- August 5, 2013
Crystal Palace co-chairman Steve Parish has told Sky Sports that the Premier League newbies are trying to signing strikers Darren Bent and Marouane Chamakh.
Parish told the 24-hour sports news station:
Darren’s a fantastic player isn’t he? I think that you know again there’s a number of players that we are looking at. What is fantastic for our football club is to be linked with the kind of players that we are being linked with.
Marouane is obviously a fantastic player. I think things haven’t worked out maybe as well as they could have done in the latter part of his Arsenal career so that’s one we are keeping an eye on along with a number of others.
Should the Eagles pull off the double striker swoop then, along with the signing of £4.5m wildcard Dwight Gayle from Peterborough, the evergreen Kevin Phillips and last season’s top scorer Glenn Murray (currently injured), the South Londoners could have enough firepower to give them a realistic chance of staying in the top flight next season.
Crystal Palace will be desperate to avoid the drop this season, being the only club in Premier League history to have been promoted four times only to yo-yo back to the Championship in the following seasons.