- Neymar gave fans his entire football kit, leaving him standing in his boxers! [Video]
- Brilliant! Robinho pretends to be injured so that Neymar can drive cart around the pitch [Video]
- Angel Di Maria is asking Louis van Gaal to bring Nicolas Gaitan to Manchester United [Express]
- Roberto Carlos and Elano set up Ibson for fantastic futsal-esque goal in charity game [Video]
- Neymar pulls off ridiculously cheeky sombrero flick over opponent [Video]
Crystal Palace close in on Villa’s Darren Bent & Arsenal’s Marouane Chamakh [SSN]
Crystal Palace co-chairman Steve Parish has told Sky Sports that the Premier League newbies are trying to signing strikers Darren Bent and Marouane Chamakh.
Parish told the 24-hour sports news station:
Darren’s a fantastic player isn’t he? I think that you know again there’s a number of players that we are looking at. What is fantastic for our football club is to be linked with the kind of players that we are being linked with.
Marouane is obviously a fantastic player. I think things haven’t worked out maybe as well as they could have done in the latter part of his Arsenal career so that’s one we are keeping an eye on along with a number of others.
Should the Eagles pull off the double striker swoop then, along with the signing of £4.5m wildcard Dwight Gayle from Peterborough, the evergreen Kevin Phillips and last season’s top scorer Glenn Murray (currently injured), the South Londoners could have enough firepower to give them a realistic chance of staying in the top flight next season.
Crystal Palace will be desperate to avoid the drop this season, being the only club in Premier League history to have been promoted four times only to yo-yo back to the Championship in the following seasons.
- Updated: August 5, 2013