- ‘This is Fabregas Football’: Jose Mourinho post-Chelsea 2 – West Ham 0 [Video]
- John Terry & MOTM Eden Hazard interview post-Chelsea 2 – West Ham 0 [Video]
- Barça loanee (West Ham) Alex Song: ‘Arsenal is a big family that’s still part of my heart’
- Man United star Angel Di Maria INJURED in final training session before Newcastle game
- Leicester v Tottenham [Team Sheets]
Crushing Blow: Manchester United confirm Robin van Persie out for 4 to 6 weeks via Twitter, ruled out for Bayern
BREAKING: Following further investigation, Robin van Persie has a sprained knee, which will keep him out for around four to six weeks. #mufc
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) March 21, 2014
As if facing Bayern wasn’t already hard enough, Man United are going to have to do it without the player who effectively got them there.
In crushing news for United, which somehow seems to have been obfuscated until now, Robin van Persie has been ruled out for 4 – 6 weeks with a sprained knee injury picked up on Wednesday night, which will certainly rule him out of the Bayern Munich quarter final, on April 1 and 9.
The club confirmed the crushing blow via Twitter this Saturday morning.
So the task now falls to Danny Welbeck to score the goals to knock out Bayern Munich…
- Updated: March 22, 2014