Croatian press report Spurs are close to €15m deal for Alen Halilovic
Widespread reports in Croatia over the last 24 hours, suggest Tottenham are closing in on the signing of Dinamo Zagreb wonderkid Alen Halilovic.
The 17-year-old, likened to Luka Modric, was close to a move to Spurs earlier this summer, along with former team mate Tin Jedvaj (now at Roma) but the Premier League side were unable to agree terms with Halilovic’s father.
Sportske Novosti report that Tottenham have agreed a 15 million euro deal for Halilovic with Dinamo Zagreb.
In the opening games of the Croatian season, Halilovic has not been in the best of form and Dinamo think the time to sell is now before his value drops.
Personal terms still have to be agreed and there is a chance Halilovic will be loaned back to Dinamo Zagreb for the rest of the season once a deal is agreed.
It would be some coup for Spurs if they can seal a deal for one of the most promising young players in European football.
Watch Live Stream
- Dinamo’s Ante Coric explains why he’s rejected a move to Liverpool [Vecernji list]August 29, 2016
- Manchester City on brink of signing Croatian starlet Ante Coric from Dinamo Zagreb [Mirror]August 19, 2016
- Liverpool have submitted a €15m bid for 19-year-old Dinamo Zagreb star Ante Ćorić [tportal]July 6, 2016
- Arsenal scout Gilles Grimandi watches Dinamo Zagreb’s 17-year-old Josip Brekalo [Mirror]April 10, 2016
- Dele Alli lampooned on the BBC for his dive v Swansea (Video)December 3, 2016
- How in god’s name did Swansea’s Neil Taylor kick Tottenham’s Kyle Walker in the head & not get sent off?December 3, 2016
- Massive fitness boost for Tottenham Hotspur as Alderweireld pictured trainingDecember 2, 2016
- Eljero Elia warned Man United flop Memphis to use Spurs as ‘stepping stone’December 2, 2016