- MMA Star Jose Aldo humiliates Neymar with a Rainbow Flick! [Video]
- Neymar gave fans his entire football kit, leaving him standing in his boxers! [Video]
- Brilliant! Robinho pretends to be injured so that Neymar can drive cart around the pitch [Video]
- Angel Di Maria is asking Louis van Gaal to bring Nicolas Gaitan to Manchester United [Express]
- Roberto Carlos and Elano set up Ibson for fantastic futsal-esque goal in charity game [Video]
Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother & sisters grabbed pictures with Messi, Xavi & Neymar at the Ballon d’Or [El Mundo Deportivo]
Catalan paper El Mundo Deportivo have shed some light in the behind the scenes goings on at the Ballon d’Or on Monday night.
They lead with the claim that Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother (María Dolores dos Santos Aveiro) and two sisters (Katia and Elma) who accompanied the Real Madrid star to the gala event, grabbed pictures with Barcelona stars Lionel Messi, Xavi and Neymar.
After Cristiano Ronaldo had won the Ballon d’Or, his mother and sisters were introduced to the Barcelona trio by the Real Madrid forward.
According to El Mundo Deportivo, this gesture was one of the most talked about as the Barcelona contingent headed home after the Ballon d’Or ceremony.
Ronaldo, apparently, also asked how Andres Iniesta was getting on with the knee knock picked up in the 0-0 draw with Atletico Madrid.
Other tidbits from the gala event, included Zlatan Ibrahimovic asking about the welfare of Tito Vilanova – after he had slapped Xavi – see video below.
And, Pele praising Xavi when the Brazilian legend met the Spanish midfielder and said: “If I had played with you and Iniesta I wouldn’t have scored 1,200 goals but 3,000!”
- Updated: January 15, 2014