Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother & sisters grabbed pictures with Messi, Xavi & Neymar at the Ballon d’Or [El Mundo Deportivo]
- January 15, 2014
Catalan paper El Mundo Deportivo have shed some light in the behind the scenes goings on at the Ballon d’Or on Monday night.
They lead with the claim that Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother (María Dolores dos Santos Aveiro) and two sisters (Katia and Elma) who accompanied the Real Madrid star to the gala event, grabbed pictures with Barcelona stars Lionel Messi, Xavi and Neymar.
After Cristiano Ronaldo had won the Ballon d’Or, his mother and sisters were introduced to the Barcelona trio by the Real Madrid forward.
According to El Mundo Deportivo, this gesture was one of the most talked about as the Barcelona contingent headed home after the Ballon d’Or ceremony.
Ronaldo, apparently, also asked how Andres Iniesta was getting on with the knee knock picked up in the 0-0 draw with Atletico Madrid.
Other tidbits from the gala event, included Zlatan Ibrahimovic asking about the welfare of Tito Vilanova – after he had slapped Xavi – see video below.
And, Pele praising Xavi when the Brazilian legend met the Spanish midfielder and said: “If I had played with you and Iniesta I wouldn’t have scored 1,200 goals but 3,000!”
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]