Awkward! Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother reveals in autobiography that she tried to have him aborted
- July 18, 2014
An insane story has surfaced in which Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother, Dolores Aveiro, admits she tried to have him aborted while she was pregnant.
Originally published in the Independent, the mother of the current Ballon d’Or holder confessed in her new autobiography Mother Courage that she tried to end her pregnancy with a home remedy after doctors refused her an abortion.
Her methods involved drinking warm ale and running ‘until she dropped’.
In a rather unsettling private joke, mother and son now have a laugh about the near miss: “He told me when he found out, ‘Look mum, you wanted to abort and now I’m the one who’s pulling the purse-strings in the house.”
Ronaldo was absent from his mother’s book launch but the pair are known to be quite close.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...