Awkward! Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother reveals in autobiography that she tried to have him aborted
- July 18, 2014
An insane story has surfaced in which Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother, Dolores Aveiro, admits she tried to have him aborted while she was pregnant.
Originally published in the Independent, the mother of the current Ballon d’Or holder confessed in her new autobiography Mother Courage that she tried to end her pregnancy with a home remedy after doctors refused her an abortion.
Her methods involved drinking warm ale and running ‘until she dropped’.
In a rather unsettling private joke, mother and son now have a laugh about the near miss: “He told me when he found out, ‘Look mum, you wanted to abort and now I’m the one who’s pulling the purse-strings in the house.”
Ronaldo was absent from his mother’s book launch but the pair are known to be quite close.
- Real Madrid boss Rafa Benitez insists he has no problems with Cristiano Ronaldo (Video)
- Watch the full video of Cristiano Ronaldo playing football on the streets on Madrid in ...
- The full ‘F**k FIFA’ interview with Cristiano Ronaldo shows why he walked o...
- Cristiano Ronaldo led the star-studded guest list at Jorge Mendes’s wedding (Vide...
- Aussie model Aline Lima explains why she rejected Cristiano Ronaldo on Instagram
- “FIFA? I don’t give a f***” – Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of i...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi