- Jamie Carragher takes dig at Raheem Sterling on Twitter & berates Liverpool’s recruitment policy
- Fernando Torres describes Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard as the ideal footballer [Video]
- Incredibly wet conditions cause hilarious fail during Montpellier’s clash with Caen [Vine]
- Brendan Rodgers describes Steven Gerrard’s performance v Aston Villa as ‘excellent’ [Video]
- Man United target Memphis Depay uploads video singing with the fans at PSV’s title parade
Cristiano Ronaldo’s fitness still in question as Portugal train ahead of USA game [Video]
- June 20, 2014
As much as the World Cup has dazzled thus far, there was a slight shadow of the tournament before proceedings kicked off with a selection of stars being ruled out of the competition.
Frank Ribery, Marco Reus and Falcao are but a few of the stars ruled out of the World Cup through injury; but as well as being ruled out completely there have been world-class players fighting for fitness coming into the tournament.
Luis Suarez was one (not that you could have guessed that last night) and Cristiano Ronaldo was another. But the Portugal talisman has apparently been warned by doctors not to play or he could risk his career.
Here we see him training ahead of Portugal’s crucial game against the USA, needing a victory after been chewed up and spat out by Germany.