- Arsenal’s defensive midfield wall Francis Coquelin previewsCup semi-final v Reading [Video]
- Arsenal’s Danny Welbeck talks about his new role playing on the wing [Video]
- Luis Suarez gives Barcelona first minute lead v Valencia [Video]
- Mark Hughes worried Stoke could miss out on Europa League because of Tom Jones song
- Are you Barça in disguise? Conference side Eastleigh score tiki-taka team golazo [Video]
Cristiano Ronaldo’s brilliant (disallowed) bicycle kick v Malaga
- January 4, 2012
Real Madrid’s excellent comeback against Malaga in the last 16 of the Copa del Rey could have been even sweeter had Cristiano Ronaldo’s excellent bicycle kick been allowed.
Having trailed 2-0 to moneybags Malaga, Los Blancos turned the two-legged tie on its head with goals from Sami Khedira, Gonzalo Higuain and Karim Benzema.
Two minutes into injury-time and with the final touch of the game, Mesut Ozil lofted a ball into the box and Cristiano Ronaldo connected with a picture perfect Chilena that rocketed past Wilfredo Caballero.
Of course, Ronaldo is no stranger to brilliant disallowed goals, with this stunning effort for Portugal v Spain 2010 ruled out thanks to Nani being greedy at the back post.
Related link: Cristiano Ronaldo’s individual performance v Malaga.