Cristiano Ronaldo walks away with Dubai’s Globe Soccer Player of the Year Award, with 58% of votes to Messi’s 9%
- December 28, 2013
OK, so Dubai’s Globe Soccer award is the Mickey Mouse gong of individual football gongs, but to walks away with the award as Ronaldo has is surely indicative of the increasing respect he commands in world football.
In truth Ronaldo winning this obscure award was a foregone conclusion; he’s been on ‘holiday’ in Dubai for several days, and it appears he was the only one of the final candidates in attendance.
Ronaldo clocked up a vertiginous 58% of the votes (as voted by ‘fans from across the world’), way ahead of Lionel Messi, who gained a measly 9%; while the rest were shared out between Iniesta, Bale. Ozil, and….David Villa?
A picture of Ronaldo receiving the award from an unnamed sheikh (apparently one of Dubai’s most powerful men) can be seen below the fold.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]