- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Cristiano Ronaldo voted for Falcao, Bale and Özil; Lionel Messi voted for Iniesta, Xavi and Neymar.
Cristiano Ronaldo scooped the Ballon d’Or award on Monday night, following a five year wait to reclaim his prize.
The Real Madrid star fought off stiff competition from serial winner Lionel Messi and Bayern’s Franck Ribery.
Immediately after Ronaldo was announced as winner, every voters nominations were put online.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, Lionel Messi voted for Barcelona teammates Xavi, Neymar and Andres Iniesta.
Cristiano Ronaldo voted for former Atletico Madrid star Radamel Falcao, as well as new teammate Gareth Bale and now Arsenal star Mesut Ozil.
Ronaldo wins in this regard too.
- Updated: January 13, 2014