- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
- A sinister Bruce Grobelaar says Simon Mignolet is Liverpool’s problem: ‘He let in 52 goals!’
- Frank Lampard post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘It was a special night, but we’re not there yet’ [Video]
- Brilliant! BVB coach Jurgen Klopp laughs hysterically to the bemusement of journos [Video]
Cristiano Ronaldo taunts Valencia with his 5-fingered ‘manita’ hand gesture
It’s probably too late in the race for La Liga to matter, but Real Madrid got back to business last weekend thrashing Valencia 5-0 at the Mestalla.
Real, who are still 15 points behind leaders Barca, won at Valencia with a goal for Gonzalo Higuain and a brace for Angel di Maria, whilst Cristiano Ronaldo also bagged a double to raise his tally to seven goals in 2013.
Ronaldo, as so often seems to be the case, also grabbed the headlines at Valencia for a slightly more unsavoury incident as the Portuguese forward publicly taunted Valencia keeper Diego Alves as well as the home fans at large.
Ronaldo went down in the box near the end of the match after a collision with goalie Alves, however the number seven got nothing for his troubles as the referee waved the penalty shout aside.
Aggrieved by the lack of a decision his way, Ronaldo reacted by getting up and thrusting a five-fingered hand salute both at the home keeper and the Valencia crowd.
Cristiano’s message was made loud and clear, however the distinction between Lionel Messi’s use of the ‘manita’ gesture was also stark.
Watch a report into Ronaldo’s taunt at Valencia below.
- Updated: January 22, 2013