- Arsenal’s Yaya Sanogo a loan target for Crystal Palace in January [Mirror]
- Liverpool loanee Luis Alberto scored 27 seconds after coming on for Malaga v Elche [Video]
- Nuts! Bayern’s Manuel Neuer let in only his 4th goal in 17 league games v Mainz [Official Video]
- Athletic Bilbao 1 – Atletico Madrid 4: Antoine Griezmann hits a hat-trick [Highlights]
- Cristiano Ronaldo struggles to stay awake during statue unveiling [Video]
Cristiano Ronaldo taunts Valencia with his 5-fingered ‘manita’ hand gesture
It’s probably too late in the race for La Liga to matter, but Real Madrid got back to business last weekend thrashing Valencia 5-0 at the Mestalla.
Real, who are still 15 points behind leaders Barca, won at Valencia with a goal for Gonzalo Higuain and a brace for Angel di Maria, whilst Cristiano Ronaldo also bagged a double to raise his tally to seven goals in 2013.
Ronaldo, as so often seems to be the case, also grabbed the headlines at Valencia for a slightly more unsavoury incident as the Portuguese forward publicly taunted Valencia keeper Diego Alves as well as the home fans at large.
Ronaldo went down in the box near the end of the match after a collision with goalie Alves, however the number seven got nothing for his troubles as the referee waved the penalty shout aside.
Aggrieved by the lack of a decision his way, Ronaldo reacted by getting up and thrusting a five-fingered hand salute both at the home keeper and the Valencia crowd.
Cristiano’s message was made loud and clear, however the distinction between Lionel Messi’s use of the ‘manita’ gesture was also stark.
Watch a report into Ronaldo’s taunt at Valencia below.
- Updated: January 22, 2013