Cristiano Ronaldo now officially the best paid player in world football – on €21m a season net [AS]
- September 16, 2013
Cristiano Ronaldo is now officially the best player in world football, in fact Real Madrid have awarded the Portuguese forward the highest ever contract in the history of the game, according to Spanish paper AS.
Yesterday, Cristiano Ronaldo signed a deal that will keep him at the Bernabeu until 2018, where he will earn 21 million euros a season, net.
Previously, Ronaldo earned 10 million euros per season and AS add that his wages will cost Real Madrid 40 million euros, including taxes and other payments.
The current tax rate in Spain is 52% and has jumped significantly since the “Beckham law” that had seen it drop to 24%.
Samuel Eto’o had been the highest paid player in world football, on 20 million euros net, during his spell at Russian side Anzhi.
The next best paid players in world football, after Ronaldo are now Zlatan Ibrahimovic (14.5 million euros) and Lionel Messi (13 million euros).
AS’ Monday front cover can be seen below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...