- Adriano announces on Twitter that he’s signed for Ligue 2 club Le Havre
- Harry Kane posts Christmas Jumper pic on Instagram as Spurs head to Leicester
- Italian legend Christian Vieri shared a racy Christmas message from a female admirer [Picture]
- Andy Murray bags an Alexis Sanchez Arsenal shirt for Christmas!
- Sunderland winger Adam Johnson TROLLS Newcastle with Christmas message!
Cristiano Ronaldo now officially the best paid player in world football – on €21m a season net [AS]
Cristiano Ronaldo is now officially the best player in world football, in fact Real Madrid have awarded the Portuguese forward the highest ever contract in the history of the game, according to Spanish paper AS.
Yesterday, Cristiano Ronaldo signed a deal that will keep him at the Bernabeu until 2018, where he will earn 21 million euros a season, net.
Previously, Ronaldo earned 10 million euros per season and AS add that his wages will cost Real Madrid 40 million euros, including taxes and other payments.
The current tax rate in Spain is 52% and has jumped significantly since the “Beckham law” that had seen it drop to 24%.
Samuel Eto’o had been the highest paid player in world football, on 20 million euros net, during his spell at Russian side Anzhi.
The next best paid players in world football, after Ronaldo are now Zlatan Ibrahimovic (14.5 million euros) and Lionel Messi (13 million euros).
AS’ Monday front cover can be seen below.
- Updated: September 16, 2013