- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Cristiano Ronaldo & Jose Mourinho sent off in possible last big games for Real Madrid
If this really is to be their final seasons at the Casa Blanca for the Portuguese pair as is widely believed, then they went some way to tarnishing their respective legacies in the Copa del Rey final.
Mourinho’s exit is almost a sure thing, and his behaviour over the last few weeks has fuelled the belief: sitting in the dugout for entire match, looking mildly interested.
Tonight, Mou remained seated until just before the end of full-time; when he stood up to protest with the 4th official he was promptly sent off.
Ronaldo, for his part, started the game with a classic Hang Time header and was influential throughout; but his frustration grew as the game wore on and the momentum swung Atleti’s way.
He’d escaped a booking for an earlier kick out, but was caught red-handed for a sly and dangerous kick to the face on Atleti captain Gabi in the second half of extra-time.
- Updated: May 17, 2013