Cristiano Ronaldo & Jose Mourinho sent off in possible last big games for Real Madrid
- May 17, 2013
If this really is to be their final seasons at the Casa Blanca for the Portuguese pair as is widely believed, then they went some way to tarnishing their respective legacies in the Copa del Rey final.
Mourinho’s exit is almost a sure thing, and his behaviour over the last few weeks has fuelled the belief: sitting in the dugout for entire match, looking mildly interested.
Tonight, Mou remained seated until just before the end of full-time; when he stood up to protest with the 4th official he was promptly sent off.
Ronaldo, for his part, started the game with a classic Hang Time header and was influential throughout; but his frustration grew as the game wore on and the momentum swung Atleti’s way.
He’d escaped a booking for an earlier kick out, but was caught red-handed for a sly and dangerous kick to the face on Atleti captain Gabi in the second half of extra-time.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi