Cristiano Ronaldo & Jose Mourinho sent off in possible last big games for Real Madrid
- May 17, 2013
If this really is to be their final seasons at the Casa Blanca for the Portuguese pair as is widely believed, then they went some way to tarnishing their respective legacies in the Copa del Rey final.
Mourinho’s exit is almost a sure thing, and his behaviour over the last few weeks has fuelled the belief: sitting in the dugout for entire match, looking mildly interested.
Tonight, Mou remained seated until just before the end of full-time; when he stood up to protest with the 4th official he was promptly sent off.
Ronaldo, for his part, started the game with a classic Hang Time header and was influential throughout; but his frustration grew as the game wore on and the momentum swung Atleti’s way.
He’d escaped a booking for an earlier kick out, but was caught red-handed for a sly and dangerous kick to the face on Atleti captain Gabi in the second half of extra-time.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...