- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho: ‘Manchester United are very much in the title race’ [Video]
- Intercom message interrupts Van Gaal’s presser asking for a masseur, he thinks it’s a prank [Video]
- Arsenal’s Yaya Sanogo set for loan move to Premier League side this January [BBC]
- Brendan Rodgers pre-Arsenal: ‘Alexis Sanchez was 1 of our transfer targets, he’s a fantastic player’ [Video]
- Sergio Ramos: ‘Real Madrid are God’s team’
Cristiano Ronaldo had to dump gum in his fancy suit pocket at the 2011 Ibero-American Sports Awards
This week Cristiano Ronaldo received the Best Ibero-American Athlete award at the 2011 Spanish National Sports Awards ceremony, but the moments leading up to the trophy award shone the light on Ronaldo for not-so classy behaviour.
As the crowd settled for the presentation of the award of the evening, it suddenly dawned on Ronaldo that he was still chewing gum.
With Del Bosque shutting down any chance of a dash out the picture to sort himself out, Ronaldo found himself left with one option.
After slickly removing the gum from his chops with his hand, Ronaldo dumped the soggy confectionary in his smart suit trousers and moments later he was shaking hands to lift his award.
Watch Ronaldo’s gum-dump escapade below.
- Updated: December 7, 2012