- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
- Heads Up! Robbie Keane pings balls at the LA Galaxy buggy driver [Video]
- Serious Moves! Chelsea’s Didier Drogba performs Moonwalk-type dance in Ivory Coast [Video]
- Manchester United’s Daley Blind thanks fans for injury encouragement via Instagram
Cristiano Ronaldo goes mad at the ref for not awarding Eder a penalty during Germany 4 – Portugal 0 [Videos]
Cristiano Ronaldo had a World Cup opener to forget today.
The 2014 Ballon D’Or struggled to impose himself, and became increasingly stroppy as the game wore on.
At 3-0 and with the game already over as a contest, Ronaldo completely lost the rag when the referee failed to award a stonewall penalty for Portugal, with striker Eder tripped in the Germany box.
Incredulous at the non-whistling, Ronaldo chased down the ref, and gave him an earful of what he thought of the decision.
Shades of Michael Ballack v Barcelona 2009 here.
- Updated: June 16, 2014