Cristiano Ronaldo forced out of Portugal training with knee pain, leaves with ice-pack strapped to left knee [Pictures]
It was revealed last week by a Portugese FA medical report that Cristiano Ronaldo is suffering with tendonitis in his left knee, an injury that had until then been unknown to the public.
And it may be that the Real Madrid star’s left knee is worse than thought, with Ronaldo having to pull out of training this afternoon with pain in that very spot, and with an ice-pack strapped to his left knee.
Cristiano was in no great pain, and resumed training soon after, but took no further part in contact or ball work, according to O Jogo.
With Portugal’s World Cup kick-off against Germany this Monday, Ronaldo is still set to start, but it may well be that the 2014 Ballon D’Or will struggle to perform at his highest level due to the injury strains.
Watch Live Stream
- Cristiano Ronaldo Jr is a big fan of… Antoine GriezmannDecember 5, 2016
- Leo Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo shared a bromantic moment during El Clasico (video)December 4, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo suffers more homophobic abuse from Barcelona crowd during El ClasicoDecember 4, 2016
- The Leo Messi-Cristiano Ronaldo handshake pre El Clasico was a little awkwardDecember 3, 2016
- Zinedine Zidane on three-man shortlist for FIFA men’s Coach of the Year awardDecember 2, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo on crying at the Euro 2016 final & how France were ‘six times’ better than Portugal [France Football]November 22, 2016
- Lip readers weren’t needed to decipher Cristiano Ronaldo’s reaction to penalty missNovember 14, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo scores two goals for Portugal (Videos)November 13, 2016