Cristiano Ronaldo forced out of Portugal training with knee pain, leaves with ice-pack strapped to left knee [Pictures]
It was revealed last week by a Portugese FA medical report that Cristiano Ronaldo is suffering with tendonitis in his left knee, an injury that had until then been unknown to the public.
And it may be that the Real Madrid star’s left knee is worse than thought, with Ronaldo having to pull out of training this afternoon with pain in that very spot, and with an ice-pack strapped to his left knee.
Cristiano was in no great pain, and resumed training soon after, but took no further part in contact or ball work, according to O Jogo.
With Portugal’s World Cup kick-off against Germany this Monday, Ronaldo is still set to start, but it may well be that the 2014 Ballon D’Or will struggle to perform at his highest level due to the injury strains.
Watch Live Stream
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Penalties a lottery, Real Madrid more experienced (Video)May 28th, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo wins UCL for Real Madrid despite dire performance [Video & Tweets]May 28th, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo puts on skill show before the Champions League final (Vine)May 28th, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo responds to Gerard Pique’s imitation; refers to himself in 3rd person (Vi...May 27th, 2016
- Doctor warns Cristiano Ronaldo that a rushed return could risk his Euro 2016 [AS]April 30th, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo scored & pulled off great skills in 1st half of Portugal v Belgium (Videos)March 29th, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo shows off his dirty dance moves at Portugal training (Video)March 29th, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo had his penalty saved against Bulgaria but it should have been retaken (Video)March 26th, 2016