Cristiano Ronaldo forced out of Portugal training with knee pain, leaves with ice-pack strapped to left knee [Pictures]
It was revealed last week by a Portugese FA medical report that Cristiano Ronaldo is suffering with tendonitis in his left knee, an injury that had until then been unknown to the public.
And it may be that the Real Madrid star’s left knee is worse than thought, with Ronaldo having to pull out of training this afternoon with pain in that very spot, and with an ice-pack strapped to his left knee.
Cristiano was in no great pain, and resumed training soon after, but took no further part in contact or ball work, according to O Jogo.
With Portugal’s World Cup kick-off against Germany this Monday, Ronaldo is still set to start, but it may well be that the 2014 Ballon D’Or will struggle to perform at his highest level due to the injury strains.
Watch Live Stream
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s brilliant response to Gerard Pique’s easy Champions League commentsAugust 26, 2016
- Antoine Griezmann mocked online for terrible outfit [Best Tweets & Jokes]August 25, 2016
- Humble Cristiano Ronaldo gives brilliant speech after winning UEFA Best Player award (Video)August 25, 2016
- Doctor reveals secrets on how Cristiano Ronaldo stays in top shape [Tribuna Expresso]August 25, 2016
- Pepe the Ballon d’Or contender? Cristiano Ronaldo praises defender for ‘extraordinary year’August 24, 2016
- Real Madrid make Portugal star Joao Mario their big transfer target [AS]August 4, 2016
- New footage shows France’s Hugo Lloris injured himself just before Eder’s Portugal winner (Video)July 30, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo set to open new boutique hotels [Forbes]July 15, 2016