Cristiano Ronaldo finishes second behind LeBron James in Sports Illustrated fittest athletes list
- August 7, 2014
Cristiano Ronaldo may have to put his rivalry with Lionel Messi aside as it looks like he’s got a new personal duel on his hands – with NBA star LeBron James!
The Real Madrid superstar finished second behind James in a fittest athletes list compiled by Sports Illustrated.
Ronaldo, a player who is quite proud of his physique, may scratch his head and think how could he possibly get any fitter but if he wants to topple the giant 6’8 basketball legend he’ll have to stay on his feet more often.
The criteria for the ranking is speed, strength, agility and endurance, all of which James slam dunks with tens across the board. But Ronaldo, a little unfairly, falls short in the strength stakes, probably due to how often he takes the option of going to ground when challenged.
The Portuguese forward can be happy that he’s the only footballer in the top ten, with the likes of Usain Bolt, Floyd Mayweather and UFC star Jon Jones also featuring.
- “FIFA? I don’t give a f***” – Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of i...
- Cristiano Ronaldo is giving agent Jorge Mendes a €50m Greek island as a wedding present...
- Cristiano Ronaldo flirted with model Aline Lima on Instagram. She turned him down as sh...
- Taconazo: Cristiano Ronaldo produced wonderful No-Look- Back-Heel v Milan (Video)
- Mesut Özil compares Cristiano Ronaldo with Arsenal’s star man – in English ...
- Besiktas striker Mario Gomez gives fantastic response on Messi v Ronaldo debate (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi