Cristiano Ronaldo finishes second behind LeBron James in Sports Illustrated fittest athletes list
- August 7, 2014
Cristiano Ronaldo may have to put his rivalry with Lionel Messi aside as it looks like he’s got a new personal duel on his hands – with NBA star LeBron James!
The Real Madrid superstar finished second behind James in a fittest athletes list compiled by Sports Illustrated.
Ronaldo, a player who is quite proud of his physique, may scratch his head and think how could he possibly get any fitter but if he wants to topple the giant 6’8 basketball legend he’ll have to stay on his feet more often.
The criteria for the ranking is speed, strength, agility and endurance, all of which James slam dunks with tens across the board. But Ronaldo, a little unfairly, falls short in the strength stakes, probably due to how often he takes the option of going to ground when challenged.
The Portuguese forward can be happy that he’s the only footballer in the top ten, with the likes of Usain Bolt, Floyd Mayweather and UFC star Jon Jones also featuring.
- Cristiano Ronaldo pays €30,000 for Wax Statue of himself
- The Sun stitch up Cristiano Ronaldo, Brazilian woman claims she had affair when he was ...
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals his greatest fear [Libero Interview]
- Messi lets slip a cheeky smile during Cristiano Ronaldo’s speech at UEFA awards (...
- Lionel Messi inadvertently photobombing Cristiano Ronaldo goes viral (Picture)
- Leo Messi really enjoyed beating Cristiano Roaldo to UEFA Player of the Year award [Ole]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...