- Pep Guardiola after Bayern 4 – Hoffenheim 0: We didn’t play all that well!
- Legend! Puebla’s Cuauhtemoc Blanco (41) scores a free-kick & penalty in a 3-3 draw v Santos [Videos]
- Arsene Wenger post United defeat: We dominated, De Gea was man of the match!
- LVG presser post Arsenal 1 – Man United 2: Credits De Gea, McNair & Blackett
- Happy Basti, Happy Berni! Schweini celebrates Bayern return fighting with club mascot [Vine]
Cristiano Ronaldo finishes second behind LeBron James in Sports Illustrated fittest athletes list
Cristiano Ronaldo may have to put his rivalry with Lionel Messi aside as it looks like he’s got a new personal duel on his hands – with NBA star LeBron James!
The Real Madrid superstar finished second behind James in a fittest athletes list compiled by Sports Illustrated.
Ronaldo, a player who is quite proud of his physique, may scratch his head and think how could he possibly get any fitter but if he wants to topple the giant 6’8 basketball legend he’ll have to stay on his feet more often.
The criteria for the ranking is speed, strength, agility and endurance, all of which James slam dunks with tens across the board. But Ronaldo, a little unfairly, falls short in the strength stakes, probably due to how often he takes the option of going to ground when challenged.
The Portuguese forward can be happy that he’s the only footballer in the top ten, with the likes of Usain Bolt, Floyd Mayweather and UFC star Jon Jones also featuring.
- Updated: August 7, 2014