Cristiano Ronaldo explains his non-celebration for Real Madrid’s 2nd goal at Man United
- March 5, 2013
It was the goal that nailed the nail in the coffin of Manchester United’s hopes of winning the Champions League.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s back post sliding finish from Gonzalo Higuain’s cross, all but ended Manchester United’s involvement in the tie as two Real Madrid away goals with just over twenty minutes to go was too much even for the Premier League leaders.
After he scored and whilst being embraced by Real Madrid team mates, Cristiano Ronaldo refused to celebrate and pointedly made a play of almost apologising to the Old trafford crowd.
Following the final whistle, Ronaldo told TVE just how he was thinking over the two legs and especially on his return to Old Trafford on Tuesday evening.
Ronaldo: “I’ve done my job. Madrid have won and I’m happy with my team. Both in the first game and the second I was not as willing and able as normal. The sentiment of these people, they treat you so well, it is very special.This is my second home, with great friends and had where I had a lot of happiness.”
On the non celebration after scoring Real Madrid’s second, Ronaldo added: “It was out of respect for a club that gave me a lot. I have sorrow for Manchester United. But I wanted to win and go step by step to reach the final of the Champions League.”
These comments and his expressions during the game are only likely to add fuel to the claims that Cristiano Ronaldo could make a sensational return to Manchester United this summer.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s interview with Sky Sports can be seen below.
Real Madrid’s second goal and Ronaldo’s non celebration can also be seen below.
In the picture, compare and contrast the faces of Real Madrid goal scorers Luka Modric and Cristiano Ronaldo at full time.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...