- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
Cristiano Ronaldo ended Real Madrid’s defeat to Sevilla visibly angry with Gareth Bale
- March 27, 2014
Things are not looking good for Real Madrid after a disastrous four days that has seen Los Blancos lose El Clasico 4-3 at the Bernabeu and then suffer defeat at the hands of Sevilla.
What was a three point lead at the top of La Liga has now evaporated to a three-point deficit which is accentuated by the fact Real Madrid have a worse head-to-head record against both Barcelona and Atletico Madrid.
A frustrating evening was made worse late on when Cristiano Ronaldo threw his toys out the pram after Gareth Bale missed a free-kick from a fine position.
Bale blazed over from a free-kick and the cameras immediately panned over to a visibly upset Cristiano Ronaldo, ranting and raving to Real Madrid left back Marcelo.
The Spanish press are all suggesting exactly what the pictures showed, that Ronaldo was angry with Bale.
But, Carlo Ancelotti said after the game, Ronaldo was “upset because we lost the game.”
AS add that Ronaldo is supposed to take the right-footed free-kicks and Bale the left ones, this was considered one the Welshman should have taken although it was fairly central.
Ronaldo had of course opened the scoring with a deflected free-kick but if Real Madrid’s season ends badly it will be this sort of image, of Galacticos falling out, that will be remembered.