- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Cristian Tello is leaving Barcelona to join Liverpool on loan in January [Marca]
Spanish outlet Marca has dropped a big transfer story on Monday, claiming that Barcelona midfielder Cristian Tello is set to leave the Nou Camp to move to Liverpool in January.
Marca wrote the following on their website:
Cristian Tello is very close to leaving [Barcelona] in the January transfer window. And, according to Radio Marca, the Barca player is just one step away from leaving to join Liverpool on loan.
A few months ago Tello reveal his displeasure at the limited game time he was getting under [Tata] Martino. “If you can not play at the club I may leave,” he said barely a month ago.
Tello has only 10 appearances this season for Barcelona, mostly as a sub, and the midfielder has yet to score this term in the league. The midfielder has however scored once in the Champions League against Celtic, plus he bagged a goal in the cup against Cartagena.
According to Marca, Liverpool are planning to sign Tello on loan this winter with a view to make the deal permanent in the next summer.
Should this deal prove accurate, questions will start to be asked whether longs standing rumours that FC Basel’s Mohammed Salah will actually come to fruition.
- Updated: December 30, 2013