Crazy prices: It will cost fans £86 for Viktoria Plzen v Man City Champions League tickets [Tweets]
- September 11, 2013
That’s a flipping chutzpah.
Manchester City fans should rightly feel they are being ripped off after tickets for their Champions League match at Czech minnows Viktoria Plzen went on sale for a jaw-dropping £86.
The £86 tickets were only released after City had sold out their original 600 seat allocation for the match. Those tickets had cost £47.
Whilst the price of the tickets obviously unreasonably sky-high, part of the problem relates to supply and demand as Plzen’s Doosnan Arena capacity is a paltry 11,700.
There is also a catch to the £86 tickets. Any Man City fans who fork out for the expensive seat won’t even get to sit in the away section.
A series of tweets lambasting the £86 tickets are below.
— Tony Barrett (@TonyBarretTimes) September 11, 2013
Currency exchange tool after checking Plzen's website suggests they are charging the same for home fans buying Cat 1 tickets. #mcfc
— Mike Keegan (@mikekeeganmen) September 11, 2013
— Daniel Taylor (@DTguardian) September 11, 2013
— Dolbz (@jackdolbyyy) September 11, 2013
- Leaked! Manchester City’s rumoured new kit for the 2014/15 season [Picture]
- Sergio Aguero confirms he’ll be back for Manchester City this week on Twitter
- #Bony2014! Swansea’s Wilfried Bony scored a fantastic long range swerver v Man Ci...
- Leicester v Man City: Watch a Live Stream of the Capital One Cup match
- At home with Micah Richards – Show us your shirts
- CITY ON TOUR: Patrick Vieira on new EDS role
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi