- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
Crazy prices: It will cost fans £86 for Viktoria Plzen v Man City Champions League tickets [Tweets]
That’s a flipping chutzpah.
Manchester City fans should rightly feel they are being ripped off after tickets for their Champions League match at Czech minnows Viktoria Plzen went on sale for a jaw-dropping £86.
The £86 tickets were only released after City had sold out their original 600 seat allocation for the match. Those tickets had cost £47.
Whilst the price of the tickets obviously unreasonably sky-high, part of the problem relates to supply and demand as Plzen’s Doosnan Arena capacity is a paltry 11,700.
There is also a catch to the £86 tickets. Any Man City fans who fork out for the expensive seat won’t even get to sit in the away section.
A series of tweets lambasting the £86 tickets are below.
— Tony Barrett (@TonyBarretTimes) September 11, 2013
Currency exchange tool after checking Plzen's website suggests they are charging the same for home fans buying Cat 1 tickets. #mcfc
— Mike Keegan (@mikekeeganmen) September 11, 2013
— Daniel Taylor (@DTguardian) September 11, 2013
— Dolbz (@jackdolbyyy) September 11, 2013
- Updated: September 11, 2013