Crazy prices: It will cost fans £86 for Viktoria Plzen v Man City Champions League tickets [Tweets]
- September 11, 2013
That’s a flipping chutzpah.
Manchester City fans should rightly feel they are being ripped off after tickets for their Champions League match at Czech minnows Viktoria Plzen went on sale for a jaw-dropping £86.
The £86 tickets were only released after City had sold out their original 600 seat allocation for the match. Those tickets had cost £47.
Whilst the price of the tickets obviously unreasonably sky-high, part of the problem relates to supply and demand as Plzen’s Doosnan Arena capacity is a paltry 11,700.
There is also a catch to the £86 tickets. Any Man City fans who fork out for the expensive seat won’t even get to sit in the away section.
A series of tweets lambasting the £86 tickets are below.
— Tony Barrett (@TonyBarretTimes) September 11, 2013
Currency exchange tool after checking Plzen's website suggests they are charging the same for home fans buying Cat 1 tickets. #mcfc
— Mike Keegan (@mikekeeganmen) September 11, 2013
— Daniel Taylor (@DTguardian) September 11, 2013
— Dolbz (@jackdolbyyy) September 11, 2013
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...