Crazy prices: It will cost fans £86 for Viktoria Plzen v Man City Champions League tickets [Tweets]
- September 11, 2013
That’s a flipping chutzpah.
Manchester City fans should rightly feel they are being ripped off after tickets for their Champions League match at Czech minnows Viktoria Plzen went on sale for a jaw-dropping £86.
The £86 tickets were only released after City had sold out their original 600 seat allocation for the match. Those tickets had cost £47.
Whilst the price of the tickets obviously unreasonably sky-high, part of the problem relates to supply and demand as Plzen’s Doosnan Arena capacity is a paltry 11,700.
There is also a catch to the £86 tickets. Any Man City fans who fork out for the expensive seat won’t even get to sit in the away section.
A series of tweets lambasting the £86 tickets are below.
— Tony Barrett (@TonyBarretTimes) September 11, 2013
Currency exchange tool after checking Plzen's website suggests they are charging the same for home fans buying Cat 1 tickets. #mcfc
— Mike Keegan (@mikekeeganmen) September 11, 2013
— Daniel Taylor (@DTguardian) September 11, 2013
— Dolbz (@jackdolbyyy) September 11, 2013
- Leaked! Manchester City’s rumoured new kit for the 2014/15 season [Picture]
- Sergio Aguero confirms he’ll be back for Manchester City this week on Twitter
- #Bony2014! Swansea’s Wilfried Bony scored a fantastic long range swerver v Man Ci...
- Leicester v Man City: Watch a Live Stream of the Capital One Cup match
- At home with Micah Richards – Show us your shirts
- CITY ON TOUR: Patrick Vieira on new EDS role
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...