Crazy pictures: How the high altitude in Bolivia affected Lionel Messi and Angel Di Maria
- March 26, 2013
Having been routed 6-1 the last time they went to Bolivia for a World Cup qualifier, Argentina won’t be too perturbed by drawing 1-1 on Tuesday evening.
A point is good enough for the South American league leaders who look all but certain to book their place in Brazil 2014.
Incredibly, even for super fit footballers such as Angel Di Maria and Lionel Messi, playing for two of the biggest clubs in the world, Bolivia away is a tough, tough encounter.
The high altitude means it can be hard to breathe and by the looks of the pictures below this affected two of Argentina’s best players.
The third picture below was Tweeted by Javier Mascherano post match.
Early reports suggest Lionel Messi was sick at half-time of Argentina’s draw in Bolivia and we can only wonder if he would have taken the late 1 on 1 chance if the match had been played closer to sea level.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...