- Video of the incredible rain storm that suspended Estoril v PSV
- Robin van Persie set to be replaced by Radamel Falcao for Man United v Hull [Sun]
- BassBuds deny they were behind 3 Spurs-Partizan pitch invasions
- WOW! Samir Handanovic saves 6th (sixth!) consecutive penalty for Inter Milan v Dnipro
- TrollStation take credit for 3 pitch invasions during Spurs-Partizan 1st half
Crazy new record! Lionel Messi becomes 1st player to score v all La Liga opponents in a row
Another week, another record for Lionel Messi.
The diminutive Argentine put Barcelona 2-1 up at Celta Vigo in 73rd minute from a Cristian Tello cross.
It now means Lionel Messi becomes the first ever La Liga player to score against all 19 La Liga teams in the top Spanish division in a row.
The graphic below shows just how Messi has gone about scoring against every opponent.
Arguably, the most impressive part of today’s performance was the fact Messi played 90 minutes after a gruelling trip and game at high altitude for Argentina in Bolivia in midweek.
UPDATE: A video of Lionel Messi’s 30 goals in his last 19 La Liga matches – scoring against every team, is the final clip below.
After the rather spiffy graphic (via @MessiStats) is video of the latest Lionel Messi record breaking goal.
- Updated: March 30, 2013