Crazy new record! Lionel Messi becomes 1st player to score v all La Liga opponents in a row
- March 30, 2013
Another week, another record for Lionel Messi.
The diminutive Argentine put Barcelona 2-1 up at Celta Vigo in 73rd minute from a Cristian Tello cross.
It now means Lionel Messi becomes the first ever La Liga player to score against all 19 La Liga teams in the top Spanish division in a row.
The graphic below shows just how Messi has gone about scoring against every opponent.
Arguably, the most impressive part of today’s performance was the fact Messi played 90 minutes after a gruelling trip and game at high altitude for Argentina in Bolivia in midweek.
UPDATE: A video of Lionel Messi’s 30 goals in his last 19 La Liga matches – scoring against every team, is the final clip below.
After the rather spiffy graphic (via @MessiStats) is video of the latest Lionel Messi record breaking goal.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...